Arc 1.5: Prologue

Start from the beginning

“I’ll be off.” I said almost unconsciously only to look behind to see and hear nothing but silence and the emptiness of my apartment.

“Right, forget for a second that Mash isn’t here, well whatever.” I push those thoughts to the back of my mind, before stepping out from my apartment, and lock it. Turning around, what I see from the balcony is a beautiful city or kingdom.

Mare Regalious, the Kingdom of the Sovereign, is a city where there are alot of building like in the modern age, there are no cars though, the only thing resembling a car is a transportation, a bus like vehicle where it flies through different part of the SE.RA.PH, at breaknecking speed. It’s what some people here use if they don’t have access to the teleportation waypoint where they can instantly teleport from one place or another if they were registered in that city’s waypoint. And in the middle of this city is a giant futuristic castle looming over the building, right where Hakuno Kishinami, the Sovereign lives.

Walking around, I see a lot of Mages or I guess Wizards as they are called in this world, walking around some of them have jobs, some of the people that are standing and greeting customers are NPCs that have not awakened yet or so they said. I walk through the nearest Transportation Station and type the place I want to go and wait for the Transportation vehicle to arrive.

Emiya or I guess Nameless as he said that he cast away his name long ago, planned for me to register in the teleport waypoints but for some reason I won’t register and all it says is “Foreign Object Unidentified”  I guess because I’m not from this world. It seems like Kishinami will fix this issue later but can’t right now. So with no other choice I need to use the Transportation Vehicle to go to Mare Melum, the City of Lost Destiny. Barely anyone uses the Transportation Vehicle, since almost everyone is already registered in the waypoint so they use that to go around. After 10 minutes of waiting the Transporter arrived. Automatically the door opened and what greeted me inside was nothing but silence.

Sighing I walked inside and sat as the transporter started to move. Normally the transporter is only used to go to rural places or villages so their destination is only at least 3 to 10 minutes but since I’m going to Mare Melum, one of the big cities from what I heard, it would take at least 30 to 60 minutes as it was far away from here. With nothing but silence inside the empty transporter, I open my terminal and just listen to music and gaze outside the window while I wait to get there. For some reason the music that are only available is the music before the 2000s but I don’t mind and just wait.

As I gazed through the window I saw many landmarks, and many wizards living their daily lives, some of them I even see starting their own farms. It seems like despite being wizards, many of them still choose to have a normal life rather than complicate themselves.

Deep in my thoughts, I hear the transporter’s A.I voice say that I have arrived at my destination. I guess time really does pass by when you’re in deep thought.

Mare Melum; City of Lost Destiny: Transportation Center

8:06

Standing up and walking out of the transporter, what I see is a big city with the most noticeable thing to notice is the massive red bridge that connects it to the other part of the city. Looking at my terminal it says it’s 8:06. Seeing the time I immediately sent Nameless a message that I’m gonna be late, before I started walking towards town.