Becoming One as a Blinding Light

Chapter 10: Becoming One as a Blinding Light

11/2/2030

Location: Babylonian Field

7:39

3rd Person POV

On the morning of the 2nd day of November in the year 2030, on the Babylonian field, two individuals find themselves looking at each other.

The boy looks at her with awe in his eyes, but at the same time underneath that, is a nostalgic yet sad feeling, that he is experiencing akin to the feeling of regret of not being able to tell someone something important and has regretted it ever since.

The girl, like the boy, also looks at him with awe in her eyes, along with a nostalgic yet sad feeling akin to seeing a long-lost companion that you have forgotten over the years.

For a whole minute, they just stare at each other. Before the boy finally got his senses back and shook his head, worried that if she got hurt if she was ok…

“I ask you, are you, my Master–”

But that is not what comes out of his mouth.

“Ahhh I mean, are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere” Covering his mouth with an embarrassed face, he took a deep breath and asked her properly this time.

“Huh? Oh yeah, I’m fine…” The girl said, with a slightly confused yet amused face.

“Oh, ah here, let me help you,” Fujimaru said before extending his hand. Seeing no harm in the help, she takes his hand as he pulls her up to stand, after an awkward silence they release each other's hand.

“So, I hear you’re crying for help, you are pretty loud.” The boy teased, while the girl blushed in embarrassment, before pouting.

“Oh yeah, I guess but I never think that my savior is into BDSM play, hmm?” She teased back with a straight face and a smug smile plastered on her lips, the boy cringed as his face turned red from embarrassment.

“Ah, she beat me.” The boy thought with sweat gushing from his forehead because of the embarrassing blunder he made.

The two of them look at each other with a straight face…

““Pffff…!””

Before laughing at each other, laughing at the ridiculousness of each other.

The boy who has destroyed worlds.

And the girl who defied her world.

They carry their own individual responsibilities, duties, burdens, problems, despair, and troubles.

But for this moment, all of that is forgotten.

And what remains is two ordinary people laughing at each other without care in the world

In this single moment, they are neither a Sovereign, a Saviour nor a Destroyer.

They are simply just kids enjoying simple things.

“Hahahah…Ahhhh. I haven’t laughed at something so stupid for a while now.” Said the boy clearing his tears away from his eyes.

“Yeah me too…” Said the girl after taking deep breaths.

After another awkward silence, Fujimaru Ritsuka takes the initiative.

“Oh, I’m–”

He got cut off by a roar. Both of them look to their left to see many Enemy Programs emerging from their left.

The both of them get alarmed and see themselves get surrounded.

Back to back, both of them analyze their situation.