A Fated Meeting

Chapter 9: A Fated Meeting

S̴̩̟̯͆͑̂͝͝t̷̨̛͈̓̀̇ä̷̧̖͕̮͉͎͚́̽́̈́́̈̾͝r̸͇̩̗͐̒̾̉̇̾̄g̷̡̡̰͚̖̙̈́̄͆̌ǡ̶̘̖̜͝ẕ̶̫͎͉̠̦́̋͋ę̷̫̬̙̜̳̐̏̃r̸̡͌̈́ POV

11/2/2030

4:41

Successfully, summoning a Shadow Servant, I manage to repel Karna, Medusa, and Eli’s assault, but, knowing them they can get accustomed, in a matter of minutes, so I need to carefully think through my actions.

My main objective here is to get away, not defeat them, that’s what I need to do. But I need a distraction right now.

“Attack.”

I commanded and engaged in combat with a single word, Dante’s Shadow Servant form.

He attacks Karna as he is the most dangerous right now, reads my sword, and runs.

“No, you don’t!”

Eli yelled, before rushing to me.

But, this was part of the plan.

I stop my acceleration just early enough for Eli to miss me.

“Gah?!”

And as I stopped, I readied my sword, because in this moment of absolute weakness coming from behind is!

CLANG

…Medusa attacks at my blind spot, as I parry her nail-like weapon.

This is all part of the plan.

Even if you don’t know me, I’ve known you guys for almost three years now, I know how you fight, your habits, weaknesses, and strengths.

Don’t underestimate my bond with you!

“Don’t screw with me!” Eli after getting her footing, angrily yells at me, because of course, she does.

And after getting her attack parried, Medusa would leap back up making distance, preparing for another attack, while Eli rushed at me recklessly.

The same trick would not work on her again, stubborn she might be, but Eli can still know when to attack and eliminate her opponent. Then what I need to do is. clash my sword against her.

CLANG

My sword clashes against her as we lock

“Don’t underestimate me, you might have tricked me once, but not again, know your place human!”

She said and began to overpower and push me back.

“I know it’s precisely because you were stronger than me and because you are the one overpowering me that I can do this.”

I said to her, making her confused.

As she overpower me I pulled back my sword and immediately jumped to the side reinforcing my body, while letting gravity do the work as she came crashing to the ground.

A servant she may be, but Eli is the kind of person who would show dominance to anyone who she thinks belittles her. I pried on that trait of hers to outsmart her.

And once again, at the moment's notice, even faster than before, Medusa came attacking me.

I swing my sword at her, but she evades it.

“Nice try, but it won’t happen again.”

Shit!

And just as fast I suddenly got wrapped around with her chains, pinning me on the ground.