052

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

"𝑲𝑼𝑹𝑶, 𝑺𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑶, 𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑻𝑾𝑶?" You called out for your dogs, their names echoing through the house, but you received no response

"That's weird," you breathed out, furrowing your brows in concern as you began searching every corner of the house for your missing pets.

"They're probably just out in the yard or playing somewhere," you mumbled to reassure yourself. You filled their food containers so they could eat whenever they returned.

As you continued your search, an unusual tightness in your abdomen began to intensify. As you just brushed it off, thinking it might be just a random cramp.

The day began like any other. You were alone in the quiet house, going about your daily routine. Satoru had left for work, and Megumi was at school, which left you with some much-needed alone time. You used the opportunity to relax, savoring the calm.

As you searched the refrigerator for ingredients, you pondered what to prepare for lunch. The cramp you were feeling, initially dismissed as minor discomfort, became increasingly noticeable.

After finding some vegetables and a chicken breast, you decided to cook a simple stir-fry. The routine of preparing a meal helped to momentarily distract you from the growing pain. You chopped the vegetables with care, the rhythmic motion of the knife offering a bit of comfort.

But as you heated the pan and started to cook, the contractions grew stronger and more frequent. Your breath hitched as you held onto the counter, trying to steady yourself. You wished for Satoru to arrive soon, as the realization set in that this baby might not wait.

After turning off the stove and setting the partially cooked meal aside, you slowly made your way to the living room. It was the only place you felt comfortable as the contractions kept coming.

You took deep breaths, trying to regulate your racing heart. The time between contractions seemed to pass at a snail's pace, and you glanced anxiously at the clock on the wall, wondering where Satoru and Megumi were.

The contractions continued to ebb and flow, becoming more intense with each passing minute. You knew you needed to reach out to Satoru and let him know about your situation, but you also didn't want to worry him unnecessarily if this turned out to be a false alarm.

Taking out your phone, you composed a message: "Hun, I think I might be going into labor. Contractions are getting stronger. Should I call the hospital or wait for you?"

As you hit send, you couldn't help but feel a sense of urgency, knowing that you needed to make a decision soon.

Minutes felt like hours as you waited for a response. The contractions were now impossible to ignore, each one demanding your full attention. You pulled out your phone, your fingers trembling slightly as you typed a quick message to your husband.