033

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

After spending most of the day at Gojo's house, you eventually returned back to your apartment

You twisted the doorknob, and silence enveloped you as you stepped inside. Memories of Megumi flooded your mind.

After locking the door behind you, you made your way directly to your room.

Suddenly you received an incoming FaceTime call, which you quickly accepted.

"Mom?" a familiar voice came through the screen, sounding like he'd been crying.

"Gumi..." you murmured, your heart aching at the sight of his tears.

"Mom, I miss you," he said, his voice choked with emotion, his eyes swollen as if he had been crying all day.

"Don't cry, Gumi. If you keep crying, then I can't hold myself together either," you whispered, trying to comfort him.

"I want to go home... I don't like it here,"

"I'm sure it's good there," you reassured him.

"I'll leave you two for some time," Fushiguro chimed in, giving you privacy.

"Have you been eating well, baby?" you asked, peering at him through the screen.

"Mhmm," he mumbled, avoiding your gaze.

"Gumi, please... If you don't eat well, you're going to get sick. I don't want that to happen," you pleaded.

"Sorry," he mumbled again.

"It's okay. Just promise me you'll eat well next time," you said gently.

"When will we meet, Mom?" he asked with a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

"Soon, I promise you," you assured him, trying to brighten his mood.

"Please don't ever think I don't love you, Gumi. I love you more than anything,"

"I love you too, Mom," he replied, his voice filled with warmth.

"It's late, you should take a rest. You look tired, Gumi," you suggested.

"I don't want to... I want to keep talking to you," he said, a hint of sadness still in his eyes.

"Please... I promise I'll meet you soon, okay? Be a good boy and listen to Ms. Fushiguro," you said softly.

Megumi remained silent, his eyes still glistening from earlier tears, but he nodded slowly.

"Good boy," you praised him.

"Promise me you won't cry anymore."

"Okay, Mom," he finally replied, his voice barely above a whisper.