029

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 

"Mom..." Megumi murmured, standing in front of the closed door, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Why didn't you go back to sleep? Today is your day off from kindergarten. Aren't you sleepy?" You questioned, concern lacing your words. In response, he suddenly hugged you tightly, seeking comfort in your embrace.

"Mom, we're going to stay together, right?" He clung to your clothes, his eyes filled with anxious hope.

"You love me, right... Mom?" Megumi's voice softened as he spoke.

You ruffled his hair softly, a gentle smile forming on your lips. "Of course... you're all I have." His face brightened with a precious smile at your words, but then his expression suddenly shifted, and he frowned.

"Mom... you're bleeding," Megumi observed with concern, his eyes fixated on the wound.

"I'm okay," you reassured him, brushing off your own pain. "Are you going to go back to sleep, or do you want breakfast?" You quickly changed the topic, wanting to divert his attention.

"Breakfast!" Megumi exclaimed with excitement, his worry momentarily forgotten.

"Okay," you chuckled softly, trying to lift the mood.

Look at yourself Y/n, be realistic!

Just look at yourself!

"Aren't you going to eat, Mom?" Megumi asked, his mouth half-full as he munched on his food.

"I already ate," you mumbled, your attention drifting away momentarily, lost in your thoughts.

You have mountain of debt.

Hey, was knocking a guy out not enough for you?

"Chew slowly," you advised gently, your hand tenderly caressing Megumi's hair as you watched over him during the meal.

You want to raise megumi like this?!

"Mom, can we go for a walk today?" Megumi asked, his eyes filled with anticipation, after finishing his meal.

I thought you had some better plan.

For a cheap prostitute like you, it doesn't really matter who gets a piece of it.

So what gives you the confidence?

"Alright, let's go for a walk and then take a nap together," you agreed with a warm smile.

Don't you think you need to pay up...for someone who nearly beat a guy to death.

The loser who will sleep with anyone for a few bucks.