040

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘

𝐀 𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐓 𝐔𝐏 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍, and your eyes were drawn to it

𝐀 𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐓 𝐔𝐏 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍, and your eyes were drawn to it. It was a message from Satoru, "Dinner tonight? I'll pick you up." You stared at the message for a moment, contemplating your response.

"I have an extra shift tonight," you typed back, your fingers dancing on the touchscreen before you closed your phone and set it aside. The notification buzzed again, but this time, you chose to ignore it.

With a sigh, you leaned on the counter, resting your head on your palm. The weight of your decision hung in the air, and a mixture of emotions swirled within you.

The cafe around you buzzed with activity, the chatter of patrons and the hiss of the espresso machine forming a soothing background.

Lately, it's like someone flipped a switch in Satoru's head, and he's turned into this entirely different person. The guy who used to be a total horny bastard, always pushing boundaries? Yeah, he's gone. Poof. It's almost bizarre how drastic the change is.

You can't help but appreciate the change in Gojo's behavior. It's a relief that he no longer crosses those inappropriate boundaries with you.

However, the lingering presence of Mahito always leaves you feeling uneasy. That unpredictable troublemaker seems to be lurking out there, plotting who knows what. He has the potential to appear out of nowhere, unleashing chaos, and the mere thought of it is enough to make you break out in cold sweats. This anxiety is especially heightened when it comes to Megumi's safety, now that he's no longer under your care.

You catch yourself glancing at the window, looking out into the city lights. It's beautiful, really, all those glowing streetlights. But it's also a constant reminder of how much things have changed, and it's not always for the better.

The jingling of the bell above the cafe door pulled you back to the present. With a welcoming smile, you greeted the newcomer, your voice reflecting a blend of surprise and genuine delight.

"Oh, Nanami," your eyes widened slightly as they landed on him, a soft smile gracing your lips.

"Hello, Y/n," he replied in his signature deep voice, his lips curling into a modern smile

"You actually came," you remarked, a note of pleasant surprise in your voice.

"Yeah," Nanami replied

"Sorry, I had to take my time. There were some matters I needed to attend to." He continued.

In reality, Nanami had been avoiding you for the past few weeks, a decision he made to give both of you the space to move on. He had thought that by distancing himself, the feelings he had harbored for you would dissipate. But no amount of alcohol or late-night musings seemed to wash away the memories and emotions he held.