34: waning crescent in libra

"You have to be kidding when you think that this could be possible."

"Don't get so pessismistic about this. You'll be doing great! I'll be rooting for you!"

"I just wish that we could sit together."

"Me too."

Nikolai embraced her before they walked into the stadium.

"Who is this person that I'm facing? I never heard of her before."

"Be careful. She was the perfect before you came. Still full of spite. So, be mindful."

"Buhnunkchnisch. Sounds like a grouchy place to live. That's what I heard."

"Heidi Schwarz is a prime Buhnun-whatever. I hope she goes easy on you."

"And if she doesn't?"

"There's judges all around. These matches are only for sparring."

"FOR THE NEXT ROUND! INTRODUCING HEIDI SCHWARZ from Buhnunkchnisch!"

There was a mild applause, but it sounded uneasy.

Nikolai held her tighter and kissed her lips.

"Go get em, angelcake."

"AND SERENA CAELUM!"

Serena gulped and walked down. The applause turned nearly defeaning and the crowd lit up when they saw her. She had a nervous smile and went down to the center of the stage where Heidi glared at her.

"You have a lot of nerve for stealing my position as perfect."

"Oh, I don't care. Your loss, not mine."

Heidi growled.

"You son of a bitch."

Serena giggled.

"Make it a daughter. Pleasure is all mine."

They both backed up before there was the sound of a horn and Heidi off the bat sent a spell flying towards Serena. Serena dodged just in the nick of time.

The crowd went wild and they started to chant Serena's name.

"You think just because you're an angel you can mosy your way into whatever you want?" Heidi cast a spell of flames at her.

"I've only been here two months." Serena said.

Serena dodged and reflected the spell back, but Heidi dodged as well.

"Fucking pacifist."

Serena stayed silent and flew into the air in a flash, right above Heidi. Heidi looked all around.

"Where did that bitch go now?"

"Right here!" She was in her view as she cocked her head up.

"Playing that game now, are we? You can run, but you CAN'T HIDE!" Heidi summoned lighting from her hands and entrapped Serena before she could escape. Serena felt the bolts tickle her face and leave a mild burn sensation.

The crowd gasped and Nikolai watched from his seat, his posture changing to become more focused while his face was painted with worry.

"Come on, Serena. Get out."

Heidi just smirked.

"Weren't you the same girl that defeated Maestro? Or, was that just a rumor?"

Serena felt beat down, but stared at where Nikolai was and her eyes narrowed while a sinister smile started to form.

"Oh right, I forgot about that."

"What do you mean..."

Serena broke the cage of bolts and her blue eyes started to flicker a glimmer of red. She grazed her wand against her body and stared down at Heidi.

"Have you ever defeated a deity of dark magic?" Serena's tone started to turn dark.

"No."

Serena flew around to Heidi.

"Then, you're not worthy of being a perfect after all." Serena giggled slightly.

"YOU TOOK MY POSITION!"

That was when Serena cast a water spell and caught Heidi in it, making her throw up a salmon.

"Was there really anything to take if you were never deserving of the position? Think about it."

Heidi cast a spell of wind, but Serena reflected it back, hitting Heidi and sending her back flying.

Heidi was soon left speechless and Serena's sinister smile only became menancing.

"What has gotten into you?"

Serena flew to her and her wings caused more wind to send Heidi flying. She was speechless and the amount of wind started to weaken Heidi.

"Speechless, I see. Well, I'll make you fucking scream." Heidi got up and aimed her wand at Serena.

Heidi's wand started to form a ball of an unknown purple force. Nikolai and everybody watched in shock as Heidi prepared a spell that was known as the black hole.

"Come on Serena, do something!"

Serena just flew all the way up to the top and started to summon an even larger light spell. Heidi cast her spell and the huge ball went flying in the wrong direction. Almost ending up to make Heidi get sucked into her own black hole. Serena however was unaffected. 

Heidi was scrambling to keep her own two feet on the ground. Serena was still in the air. The crowd murmured and gasped.

To protect herself, Heidi put up an orange barrier and braced for impact.

Serena's light spell was soon ready to take off and she threw the huge ball of light directly at the shield. The entire arena was engulfed in a blinding light that everybody had to look away.

Once the spell was gone, Serena went back to normal and she flew down to see how Heidi was doing.

Heidi was on the floor, with a few scratches on her face. Serena bent down to her level and examined her injuries.

"Heidi. Heidi. Can you hear me?"

Heidi's eyes opened up.

"W-what happened?"

"YOU LOST!" The announcer came out of nowhere. "SERENA WINS THE ROUND!"

Serena shook her head and fixed up her injuries. Heidi whispered a mild "ow".

"Get her to the infimatry. Now." She told the announcer. Serena got up and brushed herself off while the magical nurses came and took Heidi. 

She looked up at Nikolai and saw his face. He smiled for her.

Serena left the main area and went outside of the stadium. By then, the next matches were to be announced in a little bit, so many people went to the washroom or to get a snack. Serena flew above the arena and noticed that Nikolai was the only person in his balcony. There was however, a duo of 2 first years singing in a monotone while expressing lyrics at fast paces. Some would call it rap.

She flew down to his balcony and just like magic, she landed on top on him, his hands grazing her body from the backside. Their eyes locked and it felt like everything in the world was like a dream.

"That's my girl." His tone made him thirst for her more.

All of a sudden, some people started to enter the stadium and Serena felt uneasy. She flew away before too many people could notice and was never seen for the rest of the day.

Her eyes opened just as Serena was working on