33: third quarter in virgo

Day 2 of the exams crept up. Everybody gets a day to study and recharge for the next exam, which is a plus. Unless, you're somebody who turns into a nervous wreck, then maybe not. 

All of the students were sat in an outdoor arena where an invisible barrier lined the circle of seats to prevent any students from getting injured. In the middle was the stage and professors lined the edges to tally grades.

The headmaster started the day by standing in the dead center and using a projection spell to make his voice turn louder.

"Good morning Wizards, Witches, Spellcasters, and all of the above! Today is a day that most of you all have been anticipating and waiting for!"

Most of the crowd was silent.

"And many were dreading..."

The crowd went into an uproar.

"Today is Day 2 of the Magical Exams with the assignment being your own personal skill!"

Once again, the crowd went into an uproar.

"Now, we have some people that volunteer every year. However, tradition stays the same. The first years go first, then seconds, thirds, and fourth years."

A few faint grunts were heard.

"We will also be announcing the perfects chosen for the first year students as well!"

Serena was sitting with her roommates, and she looked up and saw Nikolai in a balcony, disengaged in a conversation with a girl. A pang of jealously filled her heart.

"Witches, Wizards, and Spellcasters! The male and female perfect of the first years are Kassia Demetriou and Egon Winter!"

Serena recoginized Egon, as he was from Haerz, technically what was considered her home village. 

Once they were announced as Perfects, the first years started to go into their magical skills. Everybody went in alphabetical order, with their hometown being noted as well. Serena knew one thing for sure: depending on where you were from, it could either be a positive or negative part of your life. Many of the first years were cautious and a few were on the verge of tears due to having a nervous breakdown. Serena wanted to give them a spell to ease their pain, but the magical forcefield blocked the spell.

"What are you doing?" Claudia tapped her on the shoulder.

"I thought they needed help."

"Serena...."

"I didn't know."

Once they were all done, an unfamilar man walked through the seats and stopped at Serena.

"Excuse me, you're Serena Caelum, right?"

Serena looked up at him. He had dirty blonde hair, deep blue eyes, and a little bit of a baby face. This guy towered over her even when she stood up.

"Yes, I am. What is your name?"

"Syzmon Bartosz. I'm the male perfect of the second years. Can I say that you are super pretty?" He was withdrawn and shy.

"Thank you! That's so sweet of you!"

"Sorry, I gotten off track, we must head down to announce the second years and their magic. I was looking for you. You do know that the perfects have their own mini balcony where there's tea and much comfortable seating?"

"I wasn't aware. I do apologize."

"That is fine. We must go."

He took her hand and lead her down.

"W-where are we going?"

All of Serena's roommates stared as she and Syzmon went away and they each looked at each other, wondering if that was her soulmate. Meanwhile, Nikolai was across the stadium watching Serena get whisked away. He bit his lip and his dark brown eyes narrowed, deep down he was boiling with anger. The girl was trying to talk to him, but he jumped out of his seat and went to where the edge was, knuckles gripping until they turned pale. Nothing mattered anymore.

By the time Serena and Syzmon were at the center of the arena, Nikolai had his full focus on Serena. He heard of Syzmon, but he hated how the two of them were together.

Syzmon gave her an encouraging smile while Serena looked down, already a nervous wreck.

The crowd erupted like a wildfire when Serena's name was called, to the point of scaring her. She hated all of this attention. But, she looked at Nikolai for a second and could hear his voice in her head. Guess that spell never left after all.

Just like the first years, everybody went in alphabetical order. Syzmon's turn came and his ability was to summon a shower of blue rose petals. Serena and everybody were dazzled by him, but Nikolai was fuming.

A few more students went on and then, it was Serena's turn.

The stadium chanted her name, and her nerves were starting to reach breaking points.

"Serena, I believe in you."

She quickly turned and looked up to where Nikolai was, his position never left. He snapped his finger and posed as if he was calling the shots.

"I'll give you a good time."

Serena subtly gave herself a cut and used a bit of healing magic on it while starting to sing a lullaby inspired song. She had named this song "Sweet Dream". Everybody started to get drowsy and Nikolai felt himself falling into a trance. He heard her sing before. She naturally had a gifted talent for singing.

Once she was done, she curtized and the stadium burst into applause, so much so that she was taken aback.

The rest of the class and Serena's roommates went on as well and all was going smooth.

Syzmon and Serena went to the private balcony and he poured her some mint tea. Nikolai and that girl he was with went to the center, and Serena laser focused on him.

"Hello Academy! My name is Ginerva Mancini!" She was way too excited for this. Serena eyed her. Tan skin, huge boobs, defined waist and hips, thick lips, and wavy brown hair. 

Ginerva gestured to Nikolai.

"And I'm Nikolai Reve...."

He rolled his eyes and while mainly Ginerva did the speech, she seemed to be flirting with the entire crowd. Serena wondered how her soulmate could never get jealous. Or, he does. Who knows?

The third years also had a few magical animals into their tricks and yet there was no Rupert. Rupert is a homebody after all. 

Nikolai finally was up and he turned into a few figures, from a throne to a tree even to a person. Serena gave him the largest round of applause when he was done, foregetting the fact that they were supposed to hide the fact that they were together.

Serena excused herself to the washroom and Nikolai was walking to the males.

"Who's he?" He turned to her.

"Who's she?" She crossed her arms and snapped back.

Nikolai quickly looked both ways and him and Serena snuck into the males washroom together and went in the stall. What happens next? One never knows.