26: first quarter in aquarius

"Serena, wake up."

Aubree, Claudia, and Lizzie were all in front of Serena's bed, waiting for her to wake up. There was a concern that has been bothering them with her.

"Mmmmmm." Serena slowly stirred in her sleep.

Her eyes opened and she looked up at all of her roomates gathered around her.

"Good morning."

"Morning. Are you ok?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Serena slowly got up and her senses came back to her.

"There's been something that has been bothering us about you lately, and we wanted to make sure you were aware." Aubree said.

"Oh! Um, what was it? Did I do something wrong?"

"It's not that, it was one night. When you were sick, there was a man dressed up like a raven right by your bed. You've been somewhat out of it ever since." Claudia explained.

"A raven?" Serena thought.

And then it hit her.

They caught Nikolai in her room while she was fast asleep, and yet she knew nothing about this at all.

"I don't remember anything." She lied.

"Claudia, of couse she wouldn't remember anything like that. She was sleeping, remember?"

"It gets me worried though, what if he was trying to harm you while she was sick?"

"Or maybe, it could be a guardian watching her." Aubree suggested.

"How could that be?" Serena wondered.

"Some wizards had a companion that would watch over their master. I see that you may have a guardian in the form of the raven. I've seen you with that same raven once before. That raven might want you to keep it as a pet."

Serena blushed. She started to imagine what Nikolai would be like if he was her pet. No no, that is not what she wanted to think about. Little did anybody know that the raven was secretly her soulmate.

Instead, she just shook her head.

"That might not be the case. I don't know how that raven could have become attached to me."

"Ravens actually are quite rare and for strong wizards like yourself, so possibly."

"Speaking of companions, have you found your soulmate yet?" Lizzie changed the topic.

"No. I'm doing just fine."

Another lie in her mouth.

All of a sudden, one of the vases started to shake oddly and crashed to the ground, shattering into a trillion pieces, and the soil stained the light wood in the room.

"What kind of sorcery?" Claudia murmured.

Before the girls could do anything, an unknown housekeeper bust through the doors.

"The pots! They are all breaking! Claudia, Lizzie, and Aubree! We must save the pots!"

Quickly and without hesitation, the girls went.

"Serena, be good! Don't get into any trouble!" Lizzie shouted before the doors closed.

That was when Serena fully got out of bed and stretched. There was a faint bulge in the wall and when Serena looked away, a small unstable started to move towards her. It barricaded her in a matter of seconds, soon to make her fall over and land on top of her bed. Serena closed her eyes and soon enough, Nikolai was on top of her.

"How did I know it was you?"

"I should use my shapeshifting abilities more. That time I kind of made it obvious."

"Remember what they say about soulmates? I thought I smelt your scent."

"I'm bathing in yours now."

Serena sighed.

"What's the matter?" Nikolai asked with worry.

She hesitated.

"Did I.... did we?"

"Lose your virginity? Yes, you did. I did as well."

All of a sudden, Serena's face turned into a state of shock.

"I WHAT? NO, I was waiting until after marriage! Oh my goodness, my family is going to disown me!"

Serena shot right up and almost hit Nikolai in the head.

His curly black hair dangled in between her eyes, and his eyes displayed a sense of worry while his arms embraced her carefully.

"Easy there. I know, it was absolutely shocking to experience what happened. I was as well."

Serena suddenly felt a strange sense of calm in her. Knowing that Nikolai felt the same eased her worries.

"I'm not in any pain or anything, but I had this strange mark on my neck that might have caused some concern from my roommates."

"What did you say it was?"

"Something stupid like nearly dislocating my neck with a book."

Nikolai burst into laughter.

"Serena. Why?"

"It was the only thing that I could think of!"

They giggled together until Serena broke the silence once more.

"Did you know that my roommates saw you that one night?"

"Quite aware, yes. They seem like a good bunch but they make me not miss my roommates my first year."

"You had roommates? I can't imagine that."

"Long story short, that is why I'm glad to be the perfect of my class."

"Yeah, you know we get into some disagreements and whatnot, but other than that, all of them are super sweet."

"You are lucky, everybody relies on each other."

"Exactly. Wait, how did you get in here?"

Nikolai giggled innocently.

"You remember that I can shapeshift, right?"

Serena nodded.

"I blended into the wall and then I turned into a table. Pretty neat, right?"

"I thought that the wall looked a little weird. Anyways, I got to get up and get moving or else my roommates will get suspicious again. Do I have to be the one that remembers our promise?"

Serena got up and grabbed her clothes for the day from her closet.

"Look, I know that I was the one that set up the promise, but you're the reason why I want to break it."

"Nikolai Alfred Reve, what has gotten into you?"

By now, the two of them were teasing each other and slowly gravitated towards the other, flirting with each other like it was nothing.

"How do you know my middle name?"

"We're soulmates, we know everything about each other. Like you said."

Nikolai scoffed.

"Fine, you win this round."

"Of course I do!"

Nikolai cast a spell that soon barricaded the door, preventing anyone else from coming in.

"But, I want a rematch."

"A rematch of what?"

"Who knows more about the other?"

Serena started to burn red.

"Yes sir." She bit her lip.

In that moment, the two of them collided into the other, all the passion that has been burning up in the other has now been finally unleased.