Chapter 6 : Arrvial and Malfoy Jr.

Adia POV:

Winston plopped a pretty blue bird near me and Curtis and then just left.

"That's a bird desired by females for its feathers, he's trying to court you," Curtis explained. I could feel my face warm up. "Accept it if you want, he seems like a strong enough male," he added. I went a bright shade of tomato red.

Curtis ripped every feather usable of the bird and washed them.

TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY ROSA'S WHINY BITCH ASS

It's been about 2 days since we joined up with the other group, I've been told we're very close to the city and we'll make it there within 2 to 3 hours. Curtis, mostly because he wanted to take care of me, has carried me the entire time. I mean I don't mind it, but it's just starting to get uncomfortable and I've opted to walk for a bit to stretch my legs.

The group made another pit stop to get food for the last time until we reached the city.

I picked up my bow and my quiver full of arrows. We stopped near a river, I looked into the clear water and it had some large fish swimming around. "How many fish do you want, Curtis?" I asked. He looked at me.

"How many water creatures? You like to eat them?" He asked surprised. "They are bitter and have many bones,".

"Not if you clean them properly, it tends to be pretty tasty if you do," I said as I found a good area to start shooting the fish. I managed to shoot 4 of them to eat. I collected each of them and took the arrows out, I proceeded to clean them of scales and bones to cook them.

Curtis took the fish filets out of my hands and put them on the fire. "I'll cook it for you, you don't need to cook for me," he said and ushered me to where I could sit down and wait. It was against a tree. I sat down criss-cross applesauce. I didn't wait long until Curtis brought me one of the fish filets on a large leave.

"Here, also I need to tell you something after you eat," Curtis told me quietly. I nodded and ate quickly.

Curtis pulled me close to him and got close to my ear "Accept that tiger beast," he whispered.

"What?!?" I whispered yelled then I asked, "Why do you want me to accept him?"

"Because I can't protect you forever and knowing about your situation, I feel like he is worthy to protect you," he explained to me.

I pondered this and gave him my answer "Fine, I'll accept him as a mate when we get to the city," I whispered to him.

"Good," he told me. He held me close as we waited for the group to continue on the path to the famous city of beasts.

Winston POV:

we all watched as the strange female pulled out a contraption to spear the water creatures in the water to kill them.

She even asked her mate if he wanted any. The females gave her judging looks and ate their food in peace.

Her male cooked the meat gave her some and started having a conversation with Adia. What they didn't notice was that everyone was staring at them.

The females began murmuring to themselves and ate their food.

After a bit, we decided to get back on the trail for the beast city.

TIME SKIP

Adia POV.

We all finally got the Beast City. We saw a wall that could easily be 30-40 feet tall. We came to a large archway with 4 guards, 2 hawks on the wall, and 2 beastman with 2 stripes on the ground.