Chapter 4: Talking and Traveling

A/N: Hello everyone! Due to me being extremely busy and not being able to post regularly, I want to know if you would like me to write out all my chapters in advance and post them and the end of the month (it'll be a random amount and not consistent, though I promise it'll be 2 or more. No more than 5) OR I post a chapter every other week. Your choice

Curtis POV:

I woke up to Adia and I cuddled up and the rain was still going. I slowly took my shedded skin off her and checked her body for my mark. My mark was a snake wrapped around her neck and the head of the snake resting on her left clavicle.

Words couldn't explain what I was feeling, how much it meant to be so close to my mate's chest, no one in my legacy has been so close to their mate's chest, some were in the soles of their feet and on their legs, the worst place to have a mark in a females body.

I cuddled her even closer and rubbed her back as she continued to sleep.

Adia POV:

I realized I was in a dream when I saw Karuun in a chair, with a cup of wine at a table. I never really paid attention to what he looked like until now, short dark brown hair. With brown eyes and sort of palish skin, he was very tall, definitely over 6 feet. He also had this distinctive scar over his lip. "Please sit down Adia," he said while gesturing to the chair across from him with a white mug of one of my favorite drinks, coffee.

"Why did you bring me here? And what is the place?" I asked curiously.

"We are in your dream Adia, I need to talk to you about your new mate," he explained as I blushed a bit.

"What about Curtis?" I asked.

"Since he is a feral, he will be very possessive of you and might try to make sure that he is your only mate, though considering his past I doubt he would," he said as he sipped his wine.

I drank my coffee as he explained further "There is something that beastmen give to their mates to protect them, their strength,"

"What type of strength? Will I get permanently stronger or something?" I asked.

"If you are in danger, the spouse's beast mark will release the energy; making you stronger for a short period of time," he explained. "Beast marks are the beastmen's beast form somewhere on the female's body, the position of where it's at is significant to how the female 'loves' her mate, closer to the chest means you like them and accept them, further away means you dislike them,".

I finished the rest of my coffee and asked "So Curtis's mark would be a snake on my body?"

"Yes, it would be, you can tell him, your future mates, and anyone you trust about you being from a different planet, but be careful, one last thing before you wake up, do NOT trust the ape king under any circumstances, he's a manipulator and will try using you as a pawn," he said them snapped his fingers. I woke up.

I realized Curtis was cuddling into me and I stroked his hair, "how did you sleep?" I asked him. I noticed him crying. "Are you alright?" I asked worried.

"My mark is on your chest," he murmured into my shoulder.

"Curtis I have something to tell you about where I come from," I said guiltily.

"Ok, I'll listen to you," he said calmingly.

TIME SKIP

"Let me get this right, you come from a different planet where females and males have the same population size, females are often treated like they are disposable and a god sent you here?" He summarized my very long explanation.

"Yes, I don't know a whole lot about this planet though," I said truthfully.

"We'll females are incredibly spoiled and ugly compared to you, females have estrous once a year and often have bad fertility," he summed up. "Males are strong and expected to care for a female's every whim and desire, males only have one mate while females have many mates, I've seen a female with thousands of mates before,".

"How the hell does she even remember their names?!" I asked.

"She was a merfolk, only male with their females, there's only one female Merfolk at a time, so she'll live thousands of years because they didn't want to lose their current female. They give her emeralds to extend her life, she's incredibly naive and spoiled," Curtis answered.

"So estrous is bleeding right?" I asked.

"Yes, it's the sign of fertility, does your planet have something different?" He countered.

"We bleed every month instead of every year," I explained. His eyes widen

"You'll need more mate if you want to stay safe," he said glumly.

I glanced outside of the cave to see the rain had stopped pouring down. "It stopped raining," I told him.

"It did, would you like to keep traveling? Y-We should go to the Beast City," he offered.

"Beast city? Where is that?" I asked.

"It's a city with many other females for you to meet, plus there are more males for your protection," he said hesitantly. "It's a few day's travel from here,"

"Are you fine with me accepting more mates?" I asked.

"Yes, it's for your safety but please don't mate with idiots and weak people.." he whined.

"You'll have a say on who I mate with, don't worry," I consoled him. "I want to take a bath, there's a river around here right?" I asked. He nodded and I packed up my things and took out a black t-shirt and some lightweight pants along with some underwear and a sports bra and left them to the side.

I followed Curtis to the nearby river and got to a secluded area of it and stripped my clothes. I hopped in and scrubbed my body of the dirt, grime, sweat, and smell of last night. Curtis waded in the water with me and left what looked like his shredded skin on the shore. He also cleaned himself off last night.

After a bit, he hopped out of the water and he naturally became dry after coming out. I waited a bit and ringed the excess water out of my short hair. Luckily I don't need to worry about hair care other than cutting it...

I put on my clothes and filled up my water bottle for later. Until I noticed something, a large wolf growling at Curtis across the river, 20 feet away. "Curtis, is that a beastmen?" I asked nervously.

"Yes, he is, he thinks I kidnapped you probably," he joked.

Then I noticed the number of beastmen, wolves, tigers, and bears (A/N: Oh my!).

This one large, white tiger with a massive scar on his left eye transformed into his human form "Feral! Release the female, this is your only warning before I make you give her up by force," he commanded.

"Curtis is my mate, he did not kidnap me!" I exclaimed I gestured to my neck to Curtis's mark. The beastmen luckily stood down realizing he wasn't a threat.

"Alright then, where are you headed? It looks like you're headed somewhere, we are headed back to the Beast City after buying females with salt," the tiger explained.

"We're headed the same way," I said. "Why don't we travel together? We can split up when we teach beast city," I offered.

The tiger looked at the group and pondered for a short moment "Fine, follow us then," he said. Curtis got out things and sling them across his back and picked me up. He crossed the river and put me down.

"Are we ready to continue traveling?" He asked the group, mostly asking the females they murmured yeses and we all continued on our merry way to the formidable beast city.

WORD COUNT: 1348

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please do comment and decide on how you guys want me to post my new and upcoming chapters.