Prologue: The Start

Adia's POV:

I woke up to my alarm, it was 8 AM and I have a very long drive ahead of me. I'm finally going home for my birthday. All I wanted to do was go hunting like old times with my brothers and father. After I moved to Chicago.

Hey, it's been hectic since I've been working on finishing my degree in wildlife biology, and a minor in nursing, yes, it may be hard for me to do both, but I have a scholarship for both, and I almost have a complete free ride to my bachelor's degree, only paying 2000 in the long run.

I got out of bed and made it. Then I picked out an outfit, a black T-shirt, and a nice pair of jeans, then I went to the shower. I made sure my hair was washed, and I thoroughly cleaned myself. I packed a few snacks in a small container so I can eat in my car, it's a near 4 Hour Drive to my hometown, I made sure my bag was packed, I had a few T-shirts, a Touche, pair of shorts, and two pairs of pants, I also got a sweater and a hoodie just in case.

Once I made sure that I packed my bag, I checked around the house to make sure I unplugged everything I could think of, since I was leaving for a while, roughly a week. I packed gas money, and snack money just in case. I hopped in my car, (I don't care what you imagine, it's whatever you like). I pulled up the directions on my phone so I could make it there safely and not lose my way like last time. That was not a fun detour...

I was finally going home, for the first time in six months, all of my brothers were waiting for me, along with my dad. Charlie is the youngest being 17 and James 19 is the second youngest since I just turned 22 I am exactly in the middle. My brother Matt is the second oldest being 24 and Lukas is 27. My mother has always been a homebody and doesn't like to hunt as much as the rest of my siblings.

Once I hit the road, I started to turn on the radio to find out a young girl in Asia had disappeared out of nowhere after tripping, then disappearing in a split second, her name was Bai or something. I tune that out assuming it was a conspiracy theory

TIME SKIP

I finally made it home, the place I love the most, my hometown; it may be a town of less than a thousand, but everyone loves each other here in Swallow Groves (made the place up). My brothers and I have always taken to hunting with bows and may be impractical, yes, but it's the reward of being resilient enough to use them, my grandfather hunted with longbows, and his grandfather, and so on. It's been passed down in my family.

I pulled out of the driveway to see my brother's cars along with my dad's and Mom's car. I open the door to see all of my brothers and my father at the table. They had their weapons out and were checking them to see if they were in working condition and would be on our long hunting trip over the next few days.

" Hey, long time no see everybody!" I exclaimed. They all give me a group hug along with a chatter of"Hey, there's the birthday girl." And "wassup".

"Your bow is right here Adia, I took the liberty of getting your old drawstrings off, along with buying a few new add-ons for your bow, Happy late birthday, Adia!" My father excitedly told me.

I saw my favorite gloves, along with my favorite arm guard, they were a matching set, with black leather with metal studs. They were very expensive when I bought them, and I'll never throw them away.
and when I saw what my father bought me I got very excited, it was a matching quiver to go with my gloves and arm guards, they were even new arrowheads and a new sight for my bow!

" thank you so much!" I exclaimed at the sight of my new gifts. It turns out from what they told me they all pitched in, I loved the gift.

I threaded a new String into my bow, along with packing in emergency case, the size of my hands with a pack of drawstrings, arrowheads, supplies to make arrows, and not to mention a few extra paddings and thread for my gloves and my arm guard if they break.

After our extensive weapons check and Mom making sure we ate food for once; we packed our bags for our journey. Clothes, food, water bottle, etc.

In my bag, I had 3 T-shirts, 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shorts, a hoodie and a camo jacket with matching pants. There was a beanie as well. On one of the sides, there was a pocket knife and a hunting knife. On the other, there was my metal water bottle. On the outermost pocket of my bag were medical supplies, bandages, pills, and even stuff for sutures if need be. I put quite a bit of food in there, along with anything I might need. I added my fire starter and my book about edible mushrooms and plants as well.

TIME SKIP

After our exciting day and planning our trip, we decided to take the longest hike, an hour-long hike to our hunting grounds, and stay there for several days before returning with our kills.

We ate dinner and talked about our future trip, it was the first one in almost a year. I ate my dinner with gusto, it tasted amazing. After eating college dorm food and ramen, I've had enough of it and this is heaven on earth.

Once we were done eating, we all went to bed early, since we were waking up and 4:30 in the morning.

I fell asleep quickly in my old bedroom.

Once I woke up to my alarm, I turned my phone off and dressed up in my camo outfit, along with an orange vest. Fun fact, since most of the prey we hunt is deer and they are colorblind, the orange vest to make sure the other hunters can see us and not shoot us. l without alerting the deer.

Everyone groggily got out of bed, and made it to the kitchen where Mom and Dad waited, Dad drinking coffee and Mom making the last of breakfast. I ate some of my mom's famous waffles with a cup of coffee.

Once everyone finished their breakfast, we made sure our bags were packed, I had my clothes, water bottle, first aid kit, my new arrow supplies, and my pack of drawstrings, I had about 10, which seems excessive, but I do snap them a lot. My new arrowheads, a kit to make my arrows, and of course a few replacement sights if I break mine.

We all made it to Swallow Groves further north side in our truck. We wanted to get as far away from the town as possible as we didn't want to spook any possible deer or prey. We started our journey with excitement, our bows in hand, and our bags and sleeping bags on our backs. Luckily I packed lighter than anyone else and had to only carry 7 pounds, unlike my brothers who packed too much weight. Matt had to carry 15 pounds of pointless weight that he should've left home. Dad was the leader, he led us on our grueling trek through the woods and to the hunting grounds.

We spent a good 5 minutes walking before I tripped and fell and hit my head on a rock in the forest floor, hidden by the leaves surrounding it.

When I woke up, I woke up in a jungle-like forest that absolutely wasn't in Swallow Groves, " where the fuck am I?!?"

WORD COUNT: 1400

Hope you enjoyed this amazing prologue I spent way too long on. I though you all probably thought I've been typing on a computer for my fics. No, I'm typing this, by hand, on my phone... it really sucks... anyways have a nice day!

I don't how y'all got the goal within 30 hours... jeez I hoped you loved the prequel! And again chapters 1-3 will be posted by July 10th! I've already completed most of chapter 1 and in my way of doing chapter 2. I've plotted everything happening from the prologue to chapter 10!

Uploaded : June 22nd, 2023