Ezad's was always there for Adil and Liyana. He was just like a big brother to her. He cared for her just like Adil.

Their life changed when Adil got diagnosed with end stage cancer.

Ezad couldn't forget those days. Adil's health detoriated suddenly. Everyone was shocked when they got to know about his terminal illness.

Doctors told them Adil didn't had much time left in this world. Ezad's heart shattered hearing these words. How could he loose his best friend.

Adil meant so much to him.

Ezad couldn't see him in this condition. Everytime he would meet Adil with teary eyes.

"Pagal ho tum bhi. Main yahi hoo tumhare sath. Allah se mere lie dua kia karo!" Adil asked him softly engulfing him in his arms for a warm hug.

(You are silly. I am her with you. Do prayers for me)

"Adil ye kia ho gaya. Hume pata ku ni chala" Ezad burst into tears.

(Adil how could we not understand about your condition earlier. Why?)

"I don't know about it Ezad. I just know that it was in my fate. It was meant to be happen. Alhamdulillah for everything" Adil smiled with teary eyes.

Ezad couldn't look at a dying man.

Adil knew he would go from this world. Ezad knew that too but nobody could do anything except prayers.

The fate was written.

"I can't see you like this" Ezad covered his face with his hands.

"You have to accept it my friend. I will go and I don't want to go, watching you crying. You have to be strong Ezad. You have to be strong to deal with it" Adil patted his hand with his weak one.

Ezad looked up at his face.

He looked too weak.

He wasn't Adil Humayun he knew from the last seven years. He was some unknown man on his death bed.

Spending his last days on earth.

Breathing his last breaths.

"I can't do this" Ezad couldn't control his tears. He was still crying holding Adil's hand in his.

"Ezad! I have to talk to you about something very important" Adil rested his head back on the hospital bed.

He was exhausted.

"What?" Ezad looked up at him, tears were flowing on his cheeks.

"What will happen to my Liyana after me?" Adil said helplessly,

"Nowadays she is living with your sister. I am very grateful to Naz baji for taking care of her but what will happen to her when I die? She can't live with Naz baji all her life" Adil didn't know what to do about her.

Ezad could understand his fears.

"We don't have any close relatives except phupo but she can't take Liyana to her home due to her in laws. I can't leave her alone. I want to secure her future. I have to do something for her before dying"

"Adil I am here for her. I will take care of her. It doesn't matter if she can't live with Naz baji for long time. She can live with me"

"You are an alone man Ezad! You don't live with your family. How can she live with you alone" Adil tried to make him understand.

Ezad understood what he was trying to say.

"Then what are you thinking?"

"I want to marry her with someone who could take care of her" It was the only solution he could think of.

"She is too young Adil. Hardly seventeen" Ezad didn't like the idea.

"And she will be alone in this world after me. She can't live alone. She needs someone in her life. She is too young to be alone in this world"

"So what have you decided?"

"Ezad! Will you marry her?"

.........................................................

It was too emotional to write. I had tears in my eyes😭

Adil🤍

That's the backstory💜

And just to be clear they have 14 years og age gap🫢

Don't forget to vote ✨