°

Maliha's eyes watered looking at the walls of the house. She was leaving for airport in few minutes. This phase of her life was going to be ended.

She did say to them that she would visit them on Hamza or Ayesha's but deep down she knew she was just saying it in courtesy.

She was not going to come back here ever again.

She didn't come here to visit them again.

She came just for once.

She met everyone for the last time.

"Allah Hafiz Hassan" She said goodbye to her Younger brother.

"Allah Hafiz. Have a safe flight" He replied with a light smile on his face.

She walked out of main door with Ayesha. Hamza, Ayesha and Mateen were going to leave her at the airport.

Her eyes fell at Burak, who was standing near the car.

She thought he wasn't at home. She hadn't seen him in the house.

"Have a safe flight Maliha!" His deep voice had something strange.

Her eyes met his black ones.

She felt something in her heart.

"And take care of yourself. You are a part of our family" He asked softly.

"Thank you. Allah Hafiz!" She nodded her head at him.

"Allah Hafiz" He opened the back door for her.

She silently sat in the car where everyone was already present. Hamza drove the car out of the house.

Maliha's eyes kept watching the people behind.

Hassan waved at her. She smiled a little and waved her hand at him.

During her last days of stay, he was being nice to her. He even went out with them on outings. Maybe he realized that she wasn't going to take his father away from him and his mother.

The last glance she had was of the man that hurt her like nobody else had ever.

...

London was the same as when she left it. Landing at the Heathrow Airport, she felt a wave of happiness. She was back at home. She was excited to see her parents.

She ran to them and they welcomed her with open arms.

"I missed you so much"

"We missed you too. Welcome beta!" Wasif patted her head lovingly.

She hadn't sleep for more than an hour in the flight. Now she was feeling sleepy.

She closed her eyes and rested her head on the seat. Lubna and Wasif didn't call her again. They wanted her to take a rest.

"Do you need anything?" Out of nowhere she heard a voice around her.

She opened her eyes abruptly.

He wasn't there.

How could he?

She had left him back at Lahore. He couldn't be there. It was her home city. She wasn't in Lahore anymore.

"What happened?" Lubna asked worriedly.

"Nothing" She closed her eyes again. She didn't know when she fall asleep.

Her daily routine had started again. She started going to her workplaces. But one thing was changed. She kept in touch with Hamza and Ayesha. They added each other in their social media accounts and exchanged their numbers.

They were far by the distance only.

They were close by blood.

And, close by social media.

Walking through the streets of London, she missed the place she left behind. The city she missed, also constantly reminded her of the three brothers and sister. They took her to every famous place in the city.

She was reliving those memories in her mind.

She wasn't very happy to realize that she missed Burak too. He was with her during the whole time, they didn't talk much but he was always there.

She couldn't forget his eyes.

They had something in them.

She just couldn't forget them.

"Don't tell me. You didn't like any Pakistani man there?" One of her colleagues at the workplace asked her about her visit and from nowhere she asked about dating.

"NO. I DIDN'T" She emphasized.

"Why? I thought you would find someone there. A handsome Pakistani man" Her colleague was saying with excitement.

She felt like she was bumped into a man who whispered,

"Easy"

Burak's smiling face appeared in front of her eyes.

"I didn't find anyone attractive enough" She ended the discussion.

'He is very attractive' Her inner self interfered with her thoughts

With each passing day, she realized that she had accepted his apology but, she didn't tell it to him. She had accepted again that he was a very handsome man.

She liked her at the very first moment he met her. During first few days when he was being nice to her, he liked her.

After that things changed and she disliked him.

Then he asked her forgiveness. He used to see her with a hope in his eyes that she would resolve their issues before she would be leaving for London.

He wanted to be her friend but she didn't let him.

"I shouldn't think about him" She scolded herself.

Later in the night when she was lying in her bed, checking her social media accounts. She saw a small video uploaded by Hamza.

It was a boys get-together video.

He was also one of them. Sitting beside with, he smiled lightly when the camera focused him.

She replayed the video once again.

He was looking handsome as always.

'Agar zuban qaboo ma rakhy to or handsome lagy' She muttered.

(He would look more handsome if he keeps control of his tongue)

Days were passing. She was thinking about him more with each passing day. She didn't understand why was she thinking about him. He wasn't her friend.

He wasn't even nice to her.

'He did ask your forgiveness' She told herself.

'He wasn't rude to you after that night'

'I don't care'

'He is the meanest person I have ever met'

'He is past. I have my life. I can't think about a man he is no one to me. Keep your head straight Maliha Mateen!' She scolded herself.

She closed her eyes. After few minutes, she heard a beep. It was bell for Snapchat notifications.

Ayesha had sent her a snap.

She opened the notification quickly.

In the picture, Burak was standing behind Ayesha with a little smile on his face. The picture had a caption,

Best brother in the world.

Maliha's eyes were fixed at his face.

Why was he so handsome?

.........................................................

Maliha is missing him❤️

Don't forget to vote ✨