"i loved you like the sun."

[ Ensemble Stars! ]
[ Narukami Arashi x Kagehira Mika ]
[ implied Itsuki Shu x Kagehira Mika ]

×
×

After Valkyrie's downfall, Shu decided it was best for him and Mika to maintain some distance and forced Valkyrie on a break that he didn't limit down to a certain time. While Mika was patiently waiting, time flew by and after a year, he started losing hope. He watched Shu become more and more popular as a new designer over in France, still clinging onto this fake promise Shu made.

Arashi watched over him, falling in love more and more, seeing Mika all excited and happy. The only thing that bothered her was the things that made him so excited - it was always Shu Itsuki.

She knew what she agreed to when she asked him out and he said he's still clinging onto Shu. Arashi had always known just how much Mika loved Shu, she always had been watching him after all, seeing how Mika followed every word Valkyrie's leader said. God, if Shu told Mika to go kill himself, he would. "Anything for teach!" was what he had always said with a huge smile.

Arashi loved that smile, yet it would never be shown to her.

She always knew.

But that one day was different in comparison to all the other days she had been dating Mika.

She asked Mika out on a date to which he happily agreed to - shopping for clothes and mangas, eating at their favorite restaurant, drinking coffee at the cat café downtown - a fairly normal date for the two of them.

But it soon turned into a nightmare for Arashi.

While they were cuddling on the couch of Mika's apartment, watching Tales of Zestiria, Arashi finally found the courage to lean in for a kiss - and, to be fair, not to her surprise, Mika leaned back and covered his mouth.

Of course, all Arashi did was smile and apologize to Mika. Even though they'd been dating for half a year, she could clearly see that Mika was still waiting for Shu.

God, how much Arashi hated it.

Why couldn't Mika just fall in love with her instead? Or why couldn't he just fall out of love with Shu? It's been almost two years and Shu hasn't come back.

Like a clingy dog that was abandoned and left to rot, tied to a tree with a chain so heavy, that it'd soon break the fragile neck of the starved creature, who was waiting for even the slightest affection, waiting for it's owner to come back with a smile, praising the dog for waiting.

That dog was no one else but Mika.
And it broke Arashi's heart.

In Mika's eyes, she was nothing more but a companion that wasn't chained to a tree and completely free, free to go wherever and whenever she wanted - so why should she stay? Why would she even stay?

She didn't know if Mika was insecure about himself or if he was still longing for Itsuki's lips and hands or if he thought Arashi deserved better. But maybe it was also because Mika didn't like girls.

But whatever the reason may be, Mika suggested breaking up.

He was averting Arashi's eyes when he said that, but his voice was quiet and had a cold tone, without any emotion. His expression wasn't lifeless, but it was a sad one.

And Arashi just took it in as she stood up, pausing the TV.

When Mika asked her if she was okay, she turned around, flattening her dress with a smile.

"Of course, Mika-chan. I knew what I was getting myself into when I asked you out, so don't you dare feel sorry about this later. I know you love Itsuki more than anything. I will bury my feelings for you once and for all, okay? So I hope we can stay friends."

Mika nodded slowly, a forced smile on his lips since he knew what he was doing to her with this.

"Maybe if the time was a different one this could've worked out just perfectly, Naru-chan."

And those words just pierced right through her heart as tears formed in her eyes, her lips started to tremble.

"Yeah.."

Her voice cracked slightly as she smiled at her friend.

"Maybe."

And to her surprise, not long after, Shu came back for Mika.

He seriously did keep his promise from back then.

And now all Arashi could do was watch them being in a happy, healthy relationship.

And that only, because Shu had changed.

And now there she was, all alone, seeing her long lost lover finally being happy.

"I even would've given up on being a girl for him."

She whispered to herself, watching from afar.

To her, Mika was like the sun, radiating warmth and comfort for everyone who was close, shining with a bright smile that was so addicting, she'd do everything for that smile, even if it meant to let him go.

Because Arashi was a moon, a moon that loved the sun; but as a moon, who only could shine in the dark and cold nights if the sun was shining its own light onto it, the moon stood no chance when the sun turned away.

But this moon didn't belong with this sun.

Arashi didn't belong with Mika.

Mika belonged with Shu.

A completely different moon.