"blue eyes like the devil's water" [chiluc]

GENSHIN IMPACT - SOMEHOW MODERN AU(?)

×

"Are you sure we should
be doing this?"

"It'll be fine!
Just trust me."

"Have you ever done
this before?"

"Nope, but i have fantasized
about this often enough."

"Am I going to be
okay?"

"Probably?"

×

Ajax sat on his bed, thinking to himself about what he was going to in a few hours.

Once again it was snowing in Snezhnaya, he wasn't sure if his plan was going to work.

It's been five years since he last had seen the person he was going to meet.

He wasn't even sure anymore whether he was going to be okay or not, whether he was right or wrong.

His mind was a mess with all the nervousness - had he ever felt like this before? Somehow he felt uneasy, too.

Tonia was already in the kitchen, eating cereal while looking through the catalogues of the market when she noticed her brother; Teucer was sitting at the table too, still half asleep.

"Wow, it's rare for you to be up so early - any plans for today?"

Ajax ruffled Teucer's hair with a smile, before nodding slightly.

"I'll go visit someone out of town for this weekend, mom already knows. So you better behave while i am gone, okay?"

Tonia nodded, and so did Teucer. Ajax smiled and waved at his siblings before exiting the kitchen and leaving the house.

He walked for good ten minutes to the next bus station and waited a bit before he saw the bus coming down the snowy street.

This trip was going to be a long and complicated one.

×

It has been a while since he saw the city he grew up in in such a bright, beautiful evening light.

As he walked down the streets, his mind was filled with memories he made along the way of growing up; making him feel slightly nostalgic.

From downloading all kinds of bus plans, finding streets and searching the place he wanted to go to, to finally standing infront of the big mansion.

It took him another two hours, only for him to hesitate at the gate of the house.

He was nervously thinking about his next step, words he'd have to say, how to explain himself and how to make everything less painful for him and the person he wanted to meet so badly.

"Oh my, Ajax! It's been so long! What are you doing here?"

Ajax turned his head, only to look at his friend's mother who was smiling brightly at him. He gave her a faint smile, nodding slightly.

"Yes, it's been indeed a while Mrs. Ragnvindr. I'm here to pick up some stuff i left with Diluc back then-"

Her smile faded when the ginger mentioned the redhead, but it returned quickly back onto her lips again.

"I don't know if he's home at the moment - alghough, Kaeya is there, you should take the chance to chat with him! You can also just grab your stuff from Diluc's room - let's go inside, come on."