TotK!Link x Reader - Stuck

The cold air was crisp and full of a brand-new (or very old) life.

Your need to research had gotten the better of you. Tauro would be pissed that you got here without him. You had managed your way onto the great sky island, using some old technology and batteries you slapped together. Of course, you were out of batteries now, and the glider and fans were toast. With pretty much no way down, you decided to take hold of this opportunity. It was a whole new environment, with flora and fauna that had never been documented before.

You got to work, pulling out your journal as you started to walk around. Picking up some leaves and pressing them between the filled pages of your book. You came across a shallow pond. Vibrant blue and yellow fish swam about. Sitting down, you began to observe their behaviour, writing as much as you could about the fish. You noticed that when you threw small rocks in the water, they didn't jolt or make any sudden movements. You began writing, they behave as if they have no natural predators, meaning they must be ne~~

SPLASH!

You scurried backward, startled. Now covered in freezing water, your anger rose. Standing up, you pulled your sword. A blond beast was grabbing all the fish it could see in your observing pond.

"HEY!" You yelled, waiting for the beast to turn around, so you could get a good look at it. Its head turned quickly, tufts of hair flying over its shoulder. You made eye contact with the beast.

Your fierce face dropped quickly.

"Are you kidding me? What the hell are you doing here?" You sheathed your sword, walking back over to the pool.

A battered Link, with arms full of fish, smiled at you, "(Y/n)! What are you doing here?"

You looked the boy up and down, taking in his ghastly looks. You winced, "You look like hell," looking at his armfuls of fish you noticed his hand, you quickly pulled him from the water, "What happened to your hand?!"

"Weird story. It's not mine." He smiled.

You stared at him for a moment in silence. "Okay then, let's get you cleaned up."

———

You had met Link quite some years ago now, just over 100 years ago. Of course, you had started to get to know him after he woke up. You were Impa's successor and later Purah's research assistant. During the calamity, Purah was experimenting with aging. Of course, she had turned herself into a child. A little later she had perfected it by freezing your age. You were 119 and looked like you were still in your late teen years. As you were also Impa's successor you were there when Link first got to Kakariko. And you were assigned to journey with him.

You had been partners up until the end of the calamity. You had a life to get back to, and Link had a Kingdom to rebuild.

Link had just finished telling you about his arm, and how it wasn't actually his. He spoke of the princess and the master sword.

"How have you been? Other than all this, I mean." You spoke, brushing the tangles out of Link's hair.

"Tired. Lonely." He sighed.

The small fire you had made crackled as you threw more wood onto it.

"I've missed you."

Your breath caught at his words. You returned to working with his hair. Pulling out some scissors, from your bag you started to trim it. "This is getting unruly you know."

He chuckled, "No one has cut it since you."

"Link-"

"I know you know what I want to ask, and you don't want me to ask it. But I need to because you are the only person I want with me through this."

You sighed, putting down the scissors as he turned around. Grabbing your hands, he asked "Come with me. Let's do this together, like last time."

"You know I have responsibilities. Impa is getting antsy to go to the geoglyphs. and it's almost time for me to step up."

"Find a substitute. I can't do this without you."

"Link, that's a little selfish." You grimaced.

"I think I'm allowed to be selfish every once in a while."

You sighed. He knew that you still had a soft spot for him. Your relationship hadn't ended on bad terms, only because you were being pulled in different directions. Feelings still lingered.

"Do you understand what you're asking me?" You chuckled, "The way I'm taking this is that you want us to get back together." You smiled, avoiding eye contact.

"Do you not?" He squeezed your hands.

"I'm not saying that... it's just that you have to be sure you want this." You breathed.

"I'm not the one that has to be sure," He leaned forward, "because this time I'm not letting you go." He gave you a serious stare with cerulean eyes.

You smiled, feeling his shaky breath on your skin. You leaned in, closing the distance for a long-awaited kiss.

You felt his smile on your lips as he pulled you closer, begging not to end the moment. You chuckled at his smile, pushing him off. You laughed as his lips chased after yours.

"Your hair is still a mess and you killed my fish." You laughed.

"What does that matter right now?" He gave an airy laugh as he pulled you back.

You indulged his kiss, still chuckling.

"Hey, we're stuck up here."

"So what?"

———
923 words.

It's been a while lol.