BotW!Link x Reader - Magic Is Bullshit

Being a guide was your dream.

You usually took visitors around the Faron province to find the places they were looking for. You knew Faron like the back of your hand.

And yet, you weren't happy.

You had guided hundreds of people to the lovers pond and yet you yourself hadn't found anyone.

You would never admit it but your heart hurt whenever you guided someone to the pond.

"Excuse me!" A Gerudo woman had found you.

"I heard you are a guide. Could you lead me to the lovers pond?" The Gerudo blushed.

"Of course, my fee is 100 rupees upfront."

The Gerudo woman pulled a silver rupee out of her bag and handed it to you.

"Let's get going."

---

The walk was long and familiar. Earlier that day you had guided a Hylian man up there, you knew he would still be waiting.

You felt like an angry Cupid. Matching people up but not having anyone yourself.

The longer you hiked the more angry you got. This pond was not magic. You've been there a thousand times and yet still you hadn't found a single man that was your type.

You arrived at the pond.

"Here we are. Have a good day." You spoke, pulling out your shield.

"Wait! That man over there, can you talk to him for me?"

You scoffed, "Sorry lady but I can't make him fall in love with you. I brought you to the pond now you have to finish the task." You jumped on your shield and surfed down the path.

---

Later that night was bad. You had enough alcohol to make you tipsy and it fuelled your anger.

"Stupid pond. It doesn't even do anything, I seriously do all the match making."

Before you knew it you were walking back up the pathway to the pond.

---

When you made it to the top you had sobered up a little, you still had a bit of a buzz but it didn't matter. All you wanted to do was ruin this pond.

First you threw all the rocks you could find into it, then you started stomping in the water. After slipping and falling all the way in, you sobered up.

"What the fuck am I doing?"

You dragged yourself out of the pond and over to a boulder. All you could do was sit and stare at the moon.

Suddenly behind you a crack was heard, you whipped your head around. Finding a handsome young man at the other side of the pond.

"Welcome to a piece of shit pond. Magic is bullshit."

You returned your gaze to the moon.

"Well you're quite the pessimist. Why are you all wet?"

You looked down at your sopping clothes.

"Went for a swim. Why are you still here?" You turned to face the boy.

"Because I don't think that magic is bullshit." He chuckled, walking closer to you.

"Ha ha, look around, I don't see anyone else here waiting for love." You gestured, as he leaned on the boulder by your side.

"You're here."  He looked you dead in the eyes.

You scoffed, "Yeah but that doesn't mean I'm here for love."

"Then why else are you here?" Slowly his face was moving closer to yours.

"You have a lot of questions you know that? I came here in drunken glory to destroy this pond. Why are you here?" Your eyes were locked on his.

"I'm here to find love." He stated.

"Well you came to the wrong place." You shrugged.

"What's your name?"

"What's your name?" You sassed.

"I asked first." His face got closer.

"And I asked second, what's your point?" You scoffed

"You're sassy and stubborn, I like that. I'm Link by the way."

He held his hand out for a shake.

You firmly returned it.

"(Y/n)."

"You've got a weird outlook on this pond. I'm guessing you've been here before?"

"Naturally, I'm basically Cupid. I guide people here because they want to find love, and then they wait until I guide another person up and they think it's fate." You mimicked, bringing the back of your hand to your forehead.

"So why destroy the pond?" He prodded.

"Well that's personal." You lightly blushed looking away from him, you didn't want him to know of your petty feelings and stupid thoughts.

"Ah, so jealousy?"

Your head whipped towards him, "What are you? Psychic?"

He chuckled, "No, I just know the look on your face."

Your blush intensified, "Well would you look at the time? I better get going if I want to guide people to this shit hole tomorrow." You got up from the rock.

"Wait!" Link blocked your path, "Do you think I could see you again?"

"Sure. If you can find me." You side stepped him and pulled out your shield.

"See you when you find me pretty boy!" And with that you were off.

Link sighed,

So love at first sight is real.

---

826 words

Request from Grantypoof

I got really into this one. There will be a part 2...