BotW!Link x Reader - Because I Remember (P. 2)

~Recap~

You stuck your fists up, "Lets finish this!"

You looked up at your enemy, only to see recognition in his eyes. Your fists drop.

"What's wrong with you?!"

"(Y/n)?" The boy whispers.

"How do you know my name?" You gasp.

"Because I remember you."

~End Recap~

You scoffed at this Knight of Terror's words, "We've never met. And if we had, I would have killed you."

"Not true. It is you in my memories, even your voice sounds the same from back then." He started to walk in your direction.

Your brows furrowed, this simply must be a ruse. A very elaborate ruse, seeing as you had lost all your memory in your slumber, "You are a liar. If I was really in your memories, then tell me something about myself that you can't see by just looking." You jutted out your chin and crossed your arms. Tapping your foot you waited.

"You are confident, and ambitious." He started.

"I said tell me something you can't see. I wouldn't have challenged you if I were neither of those things." You interrupted.

"I'm not finished." He shushed, "In my memories I remember you loving snow. Specifically in the Hebra Region, when we traveled together. Oh, and you loved to shield surf. Is that enough?" He smirked.

How he knew your hobby and how you loved snow, you were not sure. Is it actually possible that I know him? No. He is over 100 years old. I'm 17.

"Explain my age to me then. I'm 17, and you are over 100."

"I assume you were in a slumber at one point as well. Or maybe Purah experimented with you?"

His argument was beginning to look tangible. You were in a slumber, though for specifically how long, you were not sure. You were also lacking memories from before the event.

Deciding against your better judgement, you told him your story, "I was in a slumber. Up until a few months ago. But they told me I was stolen from the clan. I don't remember anything from before my sleep."

The boy's eyes lit up, of course he had left out some rather heated memories of the two of you. From when you were together. Indeed at some point, this boy was in love with you. And from what he can remember, you reciprocated these feelings.

Seeing you have no recollection of your bond had hurt, but he pushed through with an offer.

"You know, the only concrete way to know I'm telling the truth is to recover a memory. I'm not asking you to trust me just yet, but maybe you'll follow to where I recovered mine?" Link walked back towards his steed, gesturing for you to follow.

With a curt nod you disappeared. Following the boy using your teleportation.

———

The knight (of terror?) had lead you to the flight range just outside of Rito Village. You waited until the boy had made it to the top of the ladder before teleporting right next to him.

"Holy Hylia! You always did love scaring me. Anyways," The boy walked it off, "I want you to hit a few targets." He spoke walking towards the edge.

You walked up next to him, "How? I don't have wings brainiac." You deadpanned.

"Haha very funny." He spoke with a straight face before he pulled out his paraglider and handed it to you, "Use this."

Taking the glider from his hand, you looked around for a bow. Lucky for you there was one leaning up against the railing with a quiver full of arrows.
Picking up the bow, you observed it's weight and readied yourself to jump.

Backing up a bit, you gave yourself a bit of a push and started shooting.

One target down. Pivot right.

Two targets down. Pivot left.

Three targets down. Piv-? Your eyes lost focus as you recalled something from your distant past.

"(Y/n)! Remember to focus on the target and not my distractions!"

"Yeah yeah I've got this." You smirked.

You pivoted twice and hit three targets before Link had ran and jumped towards you from behind, barely pulling out his paraglider before almost hitting you.

Pulling out your paraglider once more you yelled, "Holy shit Link! I could have shot you, you idiot!"

"I knew you wouldn't." He showed his 100 kilowatt smile, "You love me!"

With and exasperated sigh you moved back to the deck, Link following.

As Link neared the deck, you pulled him on and kissed him, "Don't do that again. You could've been hurt."

And with that, you pushed him off the deck.

With a gasp your eyes refocused. Nearing the ground at break-neck speeds, you barely pulled out the paraglider ten feet from the ground.

You heard yells from above, "(Y/n)! Are you okay?!" Link yelled, panic evident in his voice.

Gliding back to the deck, you felt weird. Landing, you gave the paraglider back and put down the bow.

An awkward silence took over for a few seconds too long.

"Hi." You smiled.

"Hi." He blushed.

———
798 words

@Bella2043 here's part 2 <3