BotW!Link x Reader - Hyrule Needs You!

"Link you have to go!" You pleaded.

"I can't just leave you! I'm not leaving your side!" He cried.

Calamity Ganon had finally decided to show his ugly face, and now there was no escape for you.

"Hyrule needs you! I won't let you stay here!" You tried to push the boy, but he was stubborn.

You and Link had been best friends since the first day you met at the academy.

"I need you! I'm not leaving!" He grabbed your hands as you tried to push him away.

"I'm not just going to leave the person I love to die." He confessed, your eyes widened.

You sobbed more as you hugged him, you took his face into your hands and roughly kissed him, "I love you Link. But you must leave me, go! Now!" In his moment of vulnerability you pushed him away, and walked out into the onslaught in front of you, weapon raised, you fought to your inevitable death.

Link cried as he ran towards the Princess, fighting until he couldn't anymore, passing out in front of her after her power had unlocked.

---

Link had awoken from his 100 year slumber a few weeks ago and had retrieved all the memories from the photos on the Sheikah slate. After heading to see Impa he followed the last picture towards the middle of Fort Hateno.

There sat a pristine royal guards broadsword, embedded in the earth. Link walked up to it, as soon as he went to pull it from the damp earth, another one of Ganon's creations had emerged. Unlike any other he had seen before, though he wasn't unprepared, with the powers of the champions with him he prevailed.

Finally the malice creation of Ganon was gone. Link once again approached the broadsword and pulled it from the damp ground beneath him. A spiritual green light shon from behind him.

"Hello Link."

The blond turned around, "(Y/n)." He sighed, recalling the beautiful (h/c) haired person with the (e/c) eyes he adored so much. He also recalled their heartbreaking departure from his life, tears were brought to his eyes.

"I knew you would prevail, and I have no doubt you can defeat Calamity Ganon and avenge the champions and myself."

The blond's tears began to fall as your spirit walked towards him.

"I couldn't save you, I'm so sorry." He sobbed collapsing to the damp ground as it began to rain.

"You have no need be sorry my love, I will always be with you," You smiled crouching to be face to face with your beloved, "When you defeat Ganon I will be there cheering you on with the champions, and I have no doubt that we will meet in another life."

"I love you (Y/n)." He sniffles looking up.

"And I love you Link."

With that you faded away leaving a ghosted kiss on his forehead.

---

482 words

I actually kind of loved writing this. I'll make something less sad soon I promise.