Any!Link x Reader - Just Go With It (P. 2)

Recap~
A hot red blush coated the boy's cheeks to the tips of his ears. Slowly he gave in, until the yells of the guards had past.

The kiss was as innocent as any kiss could be, your hold tightened on his collar before you heard the absence of the guards clinking armour and weapons.

Slowly you pulled away,

"Nice to meet you, I'm ( Y/n)."
End recap~

"Umm... I'm Link?" The boy's face was bright red, beaming from his ears to his neck. Nervously his arm reached for the back of his head.

Link was embarrassed. You however, were just as confident as before. Looking to get a rise out of the boy, you spoke, "You're a pretty good kisser, you know that?"

If Link's face could turn more red, it did. You chuckled at him, this one was a keeper.

"Lets get going, we can't stay in one place for to long."

———

After a while of weaving through the bustling streets, you reached top of the wall on the outskirts of Castle Town.

You faltered. The next part of your journey was far and timely.

You let go of Link's hand, coldness immediately gripping you, "I guess this is the end of our journey." You gave him a lopsided smile.

For a split second you could've swore you saw panic and disappointment flash in his eyes.

You turned from him, ready to call your horse, but something was holding you back. You had a feeling in your gut telling you to ask. Telling you to ask him to come with you.

But you knew this was an impossible idea that would only end in disappointment and hurt.

You weren't going to lie to yourself, you liked this boy. You liked him more than any other person you had met or saw. Maybe it was because he was so easy going? Or maybe the fact that he stayed when he didn't have to? Even as he was yelling at you in the beginning you could tell that he was a good guy.

Your mind floated back to the kiss. Sure, it was just a kiss, nothing more nothing less. But there was something about it that had made your heart race. After all he had kissed you back. It's not like he pushed away, so he must've felt something. Right?

You must be crazy! You had just met this boy and you were already becoming attached! You were even considering asking him to come with you!

You shook your head, realizing that what you were about to say would sound weird, anyway you worded it.

You glanced back shyly, "Come with me."

"I'm sorry?" Little did you know, Link was not asking because he did not hear. He was asking because it felt to good to be true.

Even though Link had met you this morning, he felt a strong connection to you. One that he was not ready to give up. He knew that if you left now he may never see you again.

Yes at first he may have been annoyed with you, but after spending the time he had grown to like you. Clearly you were beautiful, and charming, and absolutely insane. But in the short time he had come to know you he had grown rather fond of your quirks.

And that kiss.

That kiss had been lingering in his head for an eternity after your lips parted from his.

But a kiss and an acquaintance are not good reasons to leave everything he has behind.

However, to Link that did not matter. Items were just that, items. They can be replaced and rebuilt. He did not own a house and was thinking of moving to a new region anyways. Maybe meeting (Y/n) was the final push he needed towards some adventure.

You fully turned towards Link, grasping at his hands once again, "I know that we just met this morning, and didn't even know each others names until around 2 hours ago," You paused, "but I feel a connection with you that I've never felt with anyone else. If these are one sided feelings please tell me." You avoided eye contact, diverting your gaze to the bricks of the wall.

As you spoke those words Link couldn't help but be star struck. Your feelings were definitely not unrequited.

Immediately he answered, "I want to go with you. I feel the same."

———
670 words

Part three...?