When you have a nightmare - Cole

(This chapter is just, I just can't with this one. I'll let you read it and see how you cope)

Your POV: 

# Dad and Cole had gone into Jumanakai Village to buy some food for dinner; so I was home alone. They've been gone for about an hour and a half now so hopefully, they should be back any minute now. 

"Y/n! We're home!"

"Sis, can you come help me with the bags?" 

I headed towards the door and helped Cole bring some of the bags into the kitchen, whilst Dad turned the grill on. "Cole, I believe we forgot an ingredient" Dad said. 

"Are you sure?", he asked, "I'm positive everything was ticked off on the list".

"We can do a double check then, just to make sure. Y/n, honey, you can stay here and keep an eye on the grill" Dad instructed. 

"But-" I protested.

"No buts, do as you're told" he demanded.

"Dad, she's nine years old. I'm 13 and even I still struggle with a task as simple as stopping the bath at the right time" Cole argued. Despite Cole and I protesting, Dad still took him outside and locked the door. That's strange, he never locked the door before. I turned around and looked at the grill, only to see a huge flame. 

"Dad?!" I panicked. I tried pushing the door of the oven to close it, but I burned my hand. The flame was rapidly growing in size and the heat was becoming unbearable. 

"DAD!" I yelled, running to the door. "Dad! Please! Open the door! Open the door! DAD! OPEN THE GODAMN DOOR!" I cried. The entire kitchen had now set aflame, causing the ceiling to be covered in a thick layer of smoke. My lungs started to tighten and suddenly, breathing became almost impossible. 

"D-dad! Cole! P-please, let m-me out" I stuttered, falling to my knees. Closing my eyes and giving myself up to the darkness seemed like the best idea to chose as the minutes passed. 

"Dad, what are you doing? Let her out! Y/N! Hang on, I'm going to get you out" Cole stressed. 

"No, son. I forbid you to let that abomination out! She is a disgrace to this family, to your mother!"

I slowly crawled towards the handle of the door and mustered the energy I had left to desperately tug at it. "Please" I whispered. 

"Dad, she's dying! Please let her out, please!" I heard Cole plead, but it was more like an echo. My surroundings were becoming a blur and the sound of Cole trying to break the door was muffled. 

"No! Y/n! Please, stay with me! Come on, y/n!" #

Cole's POV: 

I heard y/n whispering in her sleep so I walked to her room, just to check up on her. The only time she ever really talks in her sleep is if she's having a nightmare, and hers' can be pretty brutal. I opened her door and saw that she was hyperventilating really bad, as well as crying uncontrollably. 

"Please, open the door! Dad, open the door!" she cried. 

"Y/n! Please, come on pebble. Open your eyes" I pleaded. She suddenly woke up with a gasp and scrambled out of the bed. 

"Hey, hey. You're okay, it's okay. I've got you, it was just a dream. It's all over now" I soothed, carefully picking her up and tucking her under the duvet. Whatever she dreamt about, it really shook her. Y/n looked completely numb and had silent tears  running down her face. 

"I-" her voice cracked as she tried to explain what happened.

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything. At least not now. The only thing that matters now is that you feel safe enough to go back to sleep" I said. Y/n shook her head rapidly and hugged the blankets closer to her body.  

"You're okay. I've got you" I whispered, slowly reaching out to hold her. When she realised what I was doing, y/n flinched and moved away. 

"Y- you didn't try", she cried, "y- you let him k- kill me".

She's not going to let me help her. I need to get Lloyd, he's the only person who can convince and help her. Not even Jay can get her to sleep as quickly as Lloyd. I walked to our room and shook him awake. "Dude, it's like 3 in the morning" he yawned. 

"It's y/n"

Lloyd was up and next to y/n before I could even blink. "Loyd! I can't do it anymore! He killed me! He hates me, and wishes it was me who died in the fire instead of mum!" y/n sobbed. It broke me into pieces knowing this is what she dreamt about. I never knew that Dad's words affected her that deep.

"You're okay. Everything will work out, I promise you" Lloyd whispered, carrying y/n to bed and letting her cry into his chest. 

"He let me burn, and he didn't care. He hates me" she screamed in pain. 

"Ssh. It was just a dream. You're safe now, princess. I've got you. Everything's going to be just fine. Try get some sleep, I'll be here when you wake up. I won't leave you, I promise" he comforted.

After a few minutes, y/n's cries had quietened and her breathing became even. Thank god she's okay. "I still don't know how you do that. No one has ever been able to get her to sleep that quickly" I said.

"Between you and me, there's a little more than just head strokes" he replied, taking his hand away from behind y/n's sleeping form to reveal his palm was glowing red. "A little bit of heat pushes her over the edge. I'm guessing she has these nightmares quite often because, overall, she seems like quite an exhausted person. All she needs is some warmth".