Chapter Eighteen

A knock was heard at the door. Eowyn, who was sitting on the couch, looked in the direction of the noise. The boys were outside, so she decided to answer it herself. Tapping her way to the door, she opened it.

"Good afternoon," a voice said. "Blixer's mother, right?"

"Yes," she replied. "I'm sorry, who is talking?"

"Cube," he told her.

"Ah! The guardian. My apologies, do you need to come in?"

"If we're able to. I have another shape with me right now, her name is Ilse. She wants to talk with Blixer if he isn't busy."

"I think that's fine," Eowyn said. "He's helping my husband in the garden; picking herbs."

She turned around and went for the back door. Cube and Ilse walked inside and stood in the middle of the living room.

"I can't stay for too long. After he comes in, I'll leave," Cube said.

"That's fine," Ilse answered.

A few minutes later and Blixer walked into the house. He greeted the two in the living room, dirt on his hands and clothes.

"Hey, what's up?" he asked, giving a small smile.

"My name is Ilse. There's something I needed to ask and talk with you about," Ilse said. "Anywhere we can talk privately?"

Cube mouthed "I need to go" to Blixer, before waving his hand once and taking his leave while Blixer addressed Ilse.

"Yeah, we could talk in my room," he answered, feeling more serious. "Let me wash my hands off real quick."

Ilse followed him and waited outside of the bathroom while he cleaned his hands. Afterwards, they went into his room. He locked the door and sat on the edge of his bed, waiting for Ilse to talk.

"Can you promise not to talk with anyone else about this?" she asked. "The boys at the apartment don't know what happened to me, and I don't want them to."

He looked at her blankly for a second. "I... yes, I won't tell anyone. Promise."

"I'll try and dumb down this first part as best I can," she started, taking in a breath. "The other day, I was doing a welding project. The shapes I was working with and I were at the end of one tunnel, and there was a hole leading to the factory of your old tower."

Blixer cringed at remembering what went down there, but Ilse continued to explain what had happened. He listened intently, wanting to make sense of what she was going to get to. It took her a moment of explaining, with Blixer asking if she was okay when she finished speaking.

"I'm fine, trust me," Ilse explained. "But with what I said in mind, the shape that captured me seemed to know you. She kept asking me about you, and it seemed that she wanted me to join some kind of group she has going on."

"Did you get her name?" he asked.

"No, sorry," she replied.

"That's okay," he said. He waved to the chair at his desk. "Sit down, first of all, before we continue."

She did so, pulling the chair out and taking a seat.

"What did she look like?"

"Variations of violet colored shapes on her head, light purple triangle on one side... peach colored, two different colored eyes," she said.

"Is she a square?" Blixer asked, more interested.

"Yes."

"That might be someone I was friends with as a teen. Her name is Zero," he grinned. "We haven't talked in a few years. What was she asking about?"