Everyone Burns

"Seriously, they're coming here? to Stratos, they'll sack the city the second they enter the gates and kill us all!" Martyn shouts to Zedaph, who is barely listening, writing down unrecognisable notes on a piece of paper in front of him.

"I can't believe we could let those Dogwarts scum anywhere near this place. If anyone from dogwarts even looks at me the wrong way, I'll take out their eyes!" He shouts again, slamming his hand on Zedaph's back in anger, who turns around, looking straight into his eyes.

"I'll remind you, im that 'Dogwarts scum' you talk about. Are you going to rip my eyes out for looking at you like this? If they don't come, they die, and so do we, i dont know if you appreciate your life, but i certainly do." Zedaoh scoffs pushing Martyn and leaving the room, making his way down the long glistening halls of the castle, gems buried in the wall shining light into his eyes, the entire castle is unbearably shiny to him.

He keeps walking down the halls, finding himself staring into the throne room, spotting Jimmy standing alone, looking out of the window, deciding to quietly observe as he sees the others' wings gently flap.

Jimmy looks down at the city, the people running through the streets preparing stables and food for any men who arrive, and an army without a general preparing defences incase of a siege, the one thing Scott was good at was defending the kingdom, not so much attacking others.

He can't escape the thought of this place burning, the people he's looking at now screaming and being slaughtered in the streets, children killed and buildings demolished, without every man in the realm that would be the ending.

He takes his pin off his chest, looking down at it in his hand, a pin representing his place as hand of the king, he's not sure if he's more of a friend to Joel or a servant now, he's started listening to him less, through the years the power has gotten to his head, and he becomes angry at any inconvenience, much unlike the king he was at the beginning, listened to his council at every turn, his friends and the people alike. was that man lost because of the war, or was that man lost because of the throne?

"These could be our last few days alive. It's best not to spend them alone." Zedaph quietly says, walking up next to Jimmy, making sure to give him a quick smile before joining him in looking out the window.

"I have little concern for my survival, only theirs." Jimmy says, lifting a finger and pointing down to the people below, the ones smiling.

"They'll live, we all will. After this, we will create a new world with Dogwarts and Stratos as allies once again." Zedaph replies, placing his eyes on Jimmy, who only sighs.

"That's the good ending, yet the more unlikely one." He looks up at the sky, different shades of purple painting the sky a colour of corruption.

Joel's purple cloak slides over the floor as he fiddles with the pins that hold it in place, the green pins finding themselves in the correct position. He makes his way to the room in which Martyn had been placed, walking inside to see him staring down a long cellar like hallway, his eyes glowing.

"Is that it all?" Joel asks, standing next to Martyn, who nods his head, hiding the excitement flowing through him.

"There's hundreds of barrels of it, surely more than enough to take that wretched wall down." Joel smiles, looking into the darkness of the hallway, barrels lined on shelves as far as his eye will let him see.

"It'll be beautiful. Ever since i was a child, i imagined every last stone laying on the ground in front of me." Martyn crosses his arms, thinking about the walls of Dogwarts crumbling to the ground.

"Your dream is coming true, my friend." Joel replies, putting his hand on Martyn's shoulder and nodding down to him.

"Good." Martyn's laughs looking down at a letter with almost unreadable handwriting, worn out scribbles of ink on an ancient looking piece of paper.