12. Alessandro or Alex?

Alessandro

I couldn't believe my eyes.. after 4 years, she was still so beautiful even more so if I may say.. Sophie.. my love...

I could see the hurt and pain in her eyes when she glanced at me.. Oh.. how could I tell her.. she is the love of my life.. but.. I was so harsh to her.. only to protect her..

Well, Leo had to have my Sophie.. Well, Leo is a good guy.. He deserves her.. So, her family's the one whose business contract I was about to cancel.. No chance..

Well.. she is trying to mask her feelings just like me.. I could see the struggle.. so I distracted Leo saying I would be leaving and he had to mention my wife.. and I could see her even more hurt.. if that's possible.. Well thanks Leo..

She excused to go to the washroom.. I could see tears forming in her eyes which she bravely tried to fight.. Well beneath my glasses, my eyes were also teary..

So, I excused myself and left and decided to follow Sophie..

Before she could go, I went right behind her and locked the door.. as luck would have it, there was no one.. inside... just Sophie and me.

"Mr. Alessandro.. your wife would be waiting for you.. you must leave.." Sophie said in a shaky voice..

I could clearly see she was crying now..

I took off my glasses and hugged her from behind.. we were both facing the mirror..

"I am so sorry baby.. I am truly sorry.. and I know none of my sorry would matter to you and what I did.. but I just want you to know that I haven't been in a great place either.. " I told her..

She looked at me with teary eyes.. and saw the tears in my eyes.. and turned towards me..

She tried to wipe my tears away.. This was the girl I had lost.. she always cared for me.. I am the biggest loser in life for having lost her..

I wiped her tears away and she mine..

"Sophie.. I happened to lose my dad and had to leave immediately.. as we were from the Bruno family.. My father is part of mafia.. and I had to just leave everything and my life was laready in danger, so at that time, I thought leaving you that way was the right thing to do for it would keep you safe... for they were hunting for me next.. and you being associated with me would've been a greater danger for you.. so I didn't even contact you nor leave a message nor told my friends what it is and left.." I told her in a very low voice..

She looked shocked.. and opened her mouth to say something and then closed it..

After thinking for about 40seconds, she said "Thank you for the closure.. I needed it.. Goodbye Alex uh Alessandro.."

"You don't have any more questions or why did I marry etc etc? or how I have been or don't you want to answer my questions.. How have you been baby?" I asked her.

"I am fine now Alessandro. I wasn't for a long time.. got into therapy and later became a therapist myself.. I get it. You had to marry your wife for she's from another powerful mafia clan.. I do read books and watch movies Alessandro.. I am glad you are ok.. and thanks for this closure.. As I said.. I guess I needed it.. " she said..

Saying so, she cleaned her face.. and fixed her make up and left.

I was standing all alone and then after about 5 minutes, I exited the hotel..

My wife was blowing up my phone every minute.. and I had it on silent.. now I see around 60 missed calls.. now who the hell does that?

Except an obsessed psycho..

My wife Jane Coppolla came from one of the most powerful mafia clan, I remember seeing her so many times.. she was 3 years younger than me.. very attractive and her father made a deal with me after my father was killed that he would offer me everything if I married his daughter, Jane..

I had seen Jane many times and knew she was mildly fan girling.. but later I got to know, she's obsessed with me..

She wanted to marry me since she was 12 and I was 15 and I was getting ready to go to USA and continue my studies there.

While in the US, I lived a normal and happy life.. I had earned my own money despite my father sending me stuff.. I allowed for only 2 body guards who were stationed as friends and yes, I did enjoy 10 years of my life in relative peace and happiness and even found love with Sophie.. and just as everything was going great I had to have a tragedy which was losing my dad.. and then getting to Italy and then I hardly ever came here.. for I didn't want to see Sophie with someone else which was what I saw precisely today.. and further I was too paranoid as a young guy..

Now at almost 30, I am confident and I take good care of my family.. I have been married the past 2 years, I don't cheat on my wife. I have sex with her and keep her happy.. I have been a robot over the past 4 years.. and after an engagement of 2 years, we married 2 years ago and the pressure is on us to have a heir.. and Jane tries hard to get me to start a family with her, but somehow I can't..I just tell her why don't we have fun first.. next year maybe.. till now, she has been patient, but my father in law and everyone is looking at me.. expectantly. .

In fact this trip was Jane's hope of getting me to agree.. and seeing Sophie.. all those old feelings coming back.. and her indifference at the end.. made me feel worse..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A/N : Isn't Alessandro handsome? This is how I visualise him..