8. Hawaii diaries

Sophie

I was happy for I was on a much needed break.. Feeling my hair flowing freely and standing at the edge where the waves were kissing my feet.. I was feeling wonderful..

My closest friends Nina and Ellen had left today. I had a fun filled 3 days with them.. We did everything from spas to learning surfing with a hot instructor to drinking pineapple martinis in the night under the stars.. Serena, my brother's fiancé and our friend was supposed to join us, but she was going to take us to Greece soon for her bachelorette party.. so we forgave her for not joining us this time..

It was crazy watching Nina flirt constantly with our instructor who clearly wasn't interested as he had eyes for some other blonde from another group.. Ellen was married straight out of high school.. and it was true love, I really admire their love.. Nina just flirts and enjoys.. she doesn't believe in commitments.

They have been my friends as well as neighbours since childhood.. they do know Leo, but they weren't so close for Leo moved and also they had all moved when Leo with his family were moving to Europe..

Me.. well me, I am neither.. I did date and all that, now I don't get into relationships nor have fun.. just work and enjoying with my friends..

But I am happy..

I get a call from Leo.. I smile and pick up.

"Hey Leo.." I say.

"Hey Soph.. you look gorgeous in white.. with your hair flowing likes the waves in air.. wow. This is a sight I am really enjoying.." he says..

I am surprised.. I turn back to see Leo smiling.

I open and close my mouth looking absolutely ridiculous I am sure.. This is Leo here trying to tell me something.. Oh no.. absolutely not.. Yes, he's gorgeous and a wonderful man, but no, not right now..

Why Sophie? Asks everyone.. that is because of something that happened a year ago...

I don't even want to take that person's name.. for it would drive me crazy and I myself would have to go and enrol into my own centre for psychiatric treatment. For no one would believe me. What happened you ask.. well, love happened.. I met the most incredible guy in my life only to have him disappear.

It's like he never existed and everything was a dream. I don't even discuss with anyone for whosoever I asked about him told me they never met him and that they heard about him from me and never actually seen him in person.

I suspect that either he was a ghost or an alien or whatever.. coz I did take some basic tests at my centre to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I just told my staff that I was trying the new modules and tests to look at their efficacy.

Ever since then, my heart belonged to whosoever that was and I kept looking for him but never met him. I also made lame excuses to avoid dating others..

But now looking at Leo here who makes me happy.. I was really rethinking everything...

Its been 2 years since this happened with me and it's high time I moved on from whatever that was.. I am sure after I am back from this trip, I will think about him again like I always do every night before I got to sleep. But now with Leo here, I just want to look at Leo and truly try and get to know him better and give him a chance..

Who knows, we could click.. I am fond of him.. He's good looking, smart, my family adores him and his family adores me.. We are actually perfect for each other..

Shaking myself off of my thoughts, I turn back and give him my hand, he takes it no questions asked and we both walk towards the waves.. The waves softly kiss our feet..

The sun was setting, it was magical.. We both smiled at each other and then we walked back and had dinner together which Leo had arranged for us. So, extra brownie points to him for planning this without giving me a slight hint about it..

Next morning, I had breakfast with Leo and I ended up going to some of the places again with him and then next day we both took the same flight back home.

I returned home happy. I saw my friend Serena came to pick me up and she was surprised to see Leo so she raised an eyebrow questioningly. I mouthed Later to her. Leo left in his car after giving me a goodbye kiss on my cheek and I got into the car with Serena and I knew I had to face about 100's of questions from her.

I explained in brief all the events that happened.. She knew about he who shall never be named, met him couple of times as well.. Probably, this was another red flag. That guy was a walking red flag while I never realised.. anyway.. she was rooting for Leo and me..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------What happened in Sophie's past? who made her so scared of love.. read on.. next few chapters will reveal.. hope you are liking the story.. plz vote and comment. Thanks..