Chapter 47

After that night, Xu Yanqing and I became inseparable, unable to be apart.

Now, everyone says that the Second Master of the Xu family has undergone a transformation. He no longer immerses himself in the allure of the pleasure district or indulges in lavish nightlife. Nowadays, he arrives home at a notably early hour, often before nightfall.

In the study, I sat by the window, holding a wooden plaque, and focused on painting. I didn't notice someone approaching from behind until a folding fan lightly tapped my head. I snapped out of my trance, and that delicate and handsome face appeared before me.

He asked with a smile "Beloved, what are you doing?"

I turned my face away and ignored him.

Xu Yanqing leaned closer and poked his head into my view. I dipped my brush in paint and concentrated on my work. Xu Yanqing patiently watched until I completed my work. Setting the brush aside, he couldn't contain his curiosity and reached for the small wooden plaque in my grasp. After inspecting it for a moment, he playfully tapped the fan against it and remarked, "This lotus is remarkably lifelike."

"Second Master.. " I pursed my lips and said "That's a goldfish."

Xu Yanqing paused, and his face revealed embarrassment. Nevertheless, he continued to nod and said, "I was just thinking that this lotus is so unique, not a flower but also not a flower, not mist but also not mist. It's not a lotus, but rather fish swimming in the water. It's truly marvelous, truly marvelous."

Listening to his nonsensical words, I reached out to snatch the wooden plaque back. However, Xu Yanqing skillfully avoided my grasp. I stood up to chase after him, demanding, "Give it back to me." He held the wooden plaque high above, taller and stronger than me, looking smug as he watched me attempt to reach it.

Seeing my frustration, Xu Yanqing leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Call me 'husband' once, and I'll give it back to you. How about that?"

My face turned red, and I couldn't help but feel annoyed with him. I bit my lip and looked at him. Xu Yanqing shook the wooden plaque and teased, "Oh, if you don't call me, I will have to wear this plaque on my waist. If someone asks who gave it to me, I'll have to tell the truth."

Xu Yanqing, a man used to being carefree and whimsical, had me worried that he might actually take the plaque with him. Seeing his smug expression, I had no choice but to call him softly, "Husband." As I called him, my face grew warm.

Little did I know, Xu Yanqing wanted to push the boundaries further, saying, "That's too soft I can't hear you. Say it louder."

"You..." I stared at him, infuriated. I knew he loved teasing me, and reluctantly, I called out a bit louder, "Husband."

Upon hearing that, Xu Yanqing grinned, leaned down, and planted a kiss on my cheek, saying, "Yes, my wife."

I expected him to give me back the wooden plaque, but he remained cunning and decided to have his way with me right there. I protested, "Give me the wooden plaque... Hmm..." As he nibbled my neck, I squirmed and itched, but Xu Yanqing continued to tease, "You just have to behave yourself for a while. When I'm satisfied, I'll give it back to you, okay?"

After he was satisfied, he took me to bathe and play in the water, then finally let me go. I lazily leaned on the couch, and Xu Yanqing played with my hair for a while. After that, he called for paper and ink. Once the servants left, he undressed me again.

"Why are you so insistent?" I scolded, my face turning red. Xu Yanqing dragged me over, removed my thin robe, and since I wasn't wearing pants underneath, he entered me while I protested. I shivered and gasped, hitting him in frustration. Xu Yanqing cheekily thrusted while holding a brush dipped in ink, drawing on a piece of paper.