XXX. The Dance of Desire

For a moment, Naelys remained frozen in place.  She knew how to dance but she had never truly participated in one. She honestly hadn't even thought of joining any of them during the feast.

She was about to decline the offer but she made the mistake of looking into her cousin's eyes. Full of hope and joy, she could not bear the idea alone of making her sad.

Defeated, she let her goblet down and stood up. Her movement drew the attention of those around her, none expecting her to actually join but there she was.

She ignored their looks as she walked around the table and took her cousin's extended hand, a big smile on the girl's face once this happened.

Excited, Laena gently tugged and pulled Naelys towards the main dance floor and the two of them quickly joined everyone else. They started to dance with one another, quickly drawing many eyes upon their graceful forms.

Laena had matured into a beautiful young woman, full of innocence and joy while her laughter echoed along with the music as she danced.

Naelys, on the other hand, was an unclaimed and dangerous beauty. She danced with grace, her dress helping her with each step, her exotic beauty seemed to have doubled the moment she joined.

Soon enough, they were exchanged and Naelys found a few random Lords dancing with her. She quickly recognised them from their Sigils, proudly sewn on their clothes. Eventually, she fell into familiar arms and a genuine smile formed across her lips.

"Hello Ser Harwin, I did not expect you to join," she said as the two of them started to dance together.

The gentle Captain danced with experience, being a perfect leading partner for her. In addition, he seemed to move expertly each time and block any incoming Lord from taking his way; something that Naelys was thankful for.

"I could say the same about you. However, since the chance arose, I thought of not letting it go to waste" he explained, smiling softly.

Naelys enjoyed his company, glad to dance with someone else she knew. He was a good friend and companion, who clearly knew she was not a fan of random hands touching her or how most men saw her.

Unlike them, he remained courteous and in his eyes she could only see respect and kindness. He was a unique man and she was glad she had met him.

For a moment, they forgot everything that was around them and instead enjoyed the dance while faintly exchanging stories and comments about the Lords, the duel she had with Daemon and so on.

She could not help but giggle at one point as she did a nice twirl around herself. "What can I say, I had a good teacher" she said, commenting on her sneaky technique to take down Daemon.

By now, the wound on her cheek had become very faint and her dear maid and friend had made sure to cover it for the celebrations. Not that Naelys minded another scar but she knew for the sake of appearances, she had to comply.

Ser Harwin smirked. "Perhaps I should start taking notes for myself" he admitted, amusing her.

However, their moment was interrupted when someone tapped on the knight's shoulder. Both came to a halt and when Ser Harwin turned, he came face to face with Daemon.

He extended his hand towards Naelys, a dark look in his eyes. "Mind if I cut in?" He asked, although it sounded less of a question and more of an order.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daemon had taken pride in taunting Naelys, enjoying her company and the chance to speak their mother language without anyone interrupting them.