XXVII. Naelys vs Daemon

Silence occupied the training grounds for almost a full minute, something that was quite an accomplished feat. The men kept exchanging glances, for Daemon Targaryen had posed a challenge and also dropped a bomb that no one saw coming.

"This is ridiculous" one man spoke up. "You are the King's brother, you will never go against her to harm her" men muttered in agreement. "If not, I am sure for her pretty face you will even go easy on her"

Daemon eyed the man carefully, passing him by at least two heads and smirked. "Is that so? Then, let us make sure that I will not hold back. We will fight with our real blades, steel against steel" he said and glanced at Naelys, who had been trying to study his intentions and failing to figure them out. "Wooden swords are, after all, for children" his eyes momentarily went to Laenor and Joffrey.

"I accept your challenge, Lord Daemon," Naelys said, finally speaking after being quiet for so long.

Her words shocked a few people, including her cousin. She felt a pair of eyes on her and she turned to look at Ser Harwin, seeing that he was conflicted. However, a look into those determined eyes of hers and he knew that she had made up her mind.

She then glanced at Joffrey, who had a smirk on his face. He never truly liked Daemon and he would pay anything to see his face kissing some of the dirt beneath them. He grabbed her sword that had been placed along with his and Laenor's and tossed it at her.

She caught the sheath mid-air and smirked, taking out her valyrian steel blade that left just the most beautiful sound in her ears. She tossed her case back at Joffrey and got ready, waiting for her opponent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daemon had been watching everything for a while. He had been amongst the crowd as Naelys sparred with the two boys and he would lie if he didn't say that he was impressed by her skills.

While Laenor was not the best, the other body did have some good basic skills. Yet, she managed to defend herself against both and then did the smart thing of taking them down separately.

He hadn't seen her fight in a one time but it was clear that she had practised a lot. The way she moved with the sword and fought only reminded him more of his dream.

She was one step closer to being this powerful woman, taking down men and bathing in their blood as she left no survivors and showed no mercy.

When she used the table to her advantage, he could not help but smirk. Sneaky and creative, just like him. He expected nothing else from the Dragoness...

His Dragoness

However, he also caught sight of how she looked at the Captain of the City Guard. He had been informed of the plans of his brother to marry her to him, which was why he had acted his.

Taking down Rhea was easy and he had chosen to show up to the wedding of his niece, to take advantage of his brother's good mood and try to ask Naelys' hand in marriage once again.

He was not going to let a low-class good-for-nothing knight take her from him or the gods be damned, he would take him down as well.

When the Lannister cocky prick chose to insult her so openly, his blood started to boil and he was itched to pass his hand through his chest and end his life on the spot.

It was clear that she was thinking the same thing, wishing to attack and separate his head from his body with her valyrian steel blade but she refrained herself, for she did not have that liberty.

Eventually, he decided to make his presence known. With a plan quickly forming in his mind, he decided to put it forth.

Naelys had practice but he was an experienced and ruthless swordsman himself. He doubted that she would be able to defeat him but he knew she would not make it easy for him. That should be enough to make those men shut up, afraid of their fragile egos.