XVI. A Reunion Filled with Temptation

Daemon was just coming back from the Stepstones after 4 bloody years. Caraxes has grown bigger and was also glad to be away from that Hellish war zone.

The Rogue prince could not wait to return to his deluxe bed, to taste good alcohol and not the cheap weird one they made there that could barely be considered a drink.

His flight back was peaceful and he could not help but think about Naelys. It would be 4 years since he last saw her and almost two months since their last letter. He would not lie, her letters kept him sane there.

Her passive anger in her words when she described how the world had changed and the drama that existed behind the walls of the ref keep; was always something he looked forward to.

Suddenly, Caraxes sniffed the air and increased speed, causing his rider to hold the reins tighter. Clicking noises could be heard coming from the Wyvern as it suddenly did a sharp dive.

Daemon was beyond confused about what had gotten into him and he was about to command in valyrian when he spotted something gliding across the sea. As they approached, he quickly recognised the huge beast to be Nissera and that only meant that Naelys was on top of her.

The distance between them was reduced by each passing second and he could now see that the Dragon Whisperer had moved herself to the tail of the dragon and was balancing from there.

For a moment, he just stared from that angle as the wind pushed her half-braided hair back. She had that smirk of victory on her lips and she stayed there, dressed in armour, ready to jump off and attack her enemies below.

She made it look like it was nothing, being without a saddle and balancing on such a thin spot that could easily make you fall just by the slightest wind.

His dragon seemed to share his thoughts, though he acted on his intrusive ones as well. Before Daemon could realise it, they had flown too close towards Nissera. They passed above them but the big wings of his beast caused enough air to make Naelys lose her balance.

Looking behind his shoulder, he saw her breaking the water's surface and she was unharmed. While the small trick amused him greatly, having caught her off guard, her dragon did not seem to share the joke.

A fireball was heading their way and it hit the back winged legs and tail of Caraxes, causing the animal to leave sounds of protest. No true damage happened but it was an uncomfortable feeling that did sting just a little bit.

He got hold of the reins once again and watched as Nissera flew back and grabbed Naelys with one of her back legs, saving her from the water. However, her stubborn rider refused to stay there and instead started to climb back on the Dragon, something that even Nissera did not seem to approve of.

The sight was something outstanding to see, showing just how much Naelys had improved as a dragon rider. Yet at the same time, it was comical, for the dragon did not seem to fully consent to her risky tricks.

Once she was back at her rightful place, Daemon guided his wyvern forward and tried to make Nissera follow him. Both of them seemed to pick up what he wanted and started to follow him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually, the two dragons landed on a green valley, near a cliff that oversaw the blue sea. The two dragons looked at one another, their almost fully matching colours represented the Targaryen flag.

Their different sizes and bodies were a unique combination. For Caraxes was more like a devilish serpent with an elongated and thinner body. Nissera, on the other hand, had a much bigger stature but also a thicker and shorter body shape; being less flexible but far stronger.