xx48xx

"We want to see Agent Emily Prentiss.", JJ told the woman behind the counter when they rushed into the hospital.

"Sorry Ma'am they just brought her in, the doctors just started operating.", the red haired woman behind the counter replied with a sympathetic look on her face. "You can wait for news in the waiting room.", she said while pointing in the direction of the waiting room.

"Thank you.", JJ gave her small smile before turning around. She and the team looked at each other, every single one of them had the same look on their face - fear. They all knew that it wasn't looking good. The five of them then walked over to the waiting room, the red chairs looked familiar to all of them. Everyone sat down on one of them, except for the Unit Chief, Hotch was nervously walking around the room. Dave and Morgan had tried to get him onto one of the chairs but he wouldn't listen, maybe you could also say that he couldn't listen since all he was thinking about was Emily. He didn't want to think about her not making it out of the OR, no one wanted to think about that, but they all knew that this was a possibility.

Around one and a half hours later Garcia also arrived at the hospital, she rushed frantically into the waiting room wanting to know what happened. Morgan got up from his chair and tried to comfort her.

"Why did you guys let that happen?", Garcia asked angry.

"She wouldn't take a no Penelope, we tried to talk her out of it." JJ tried to explain.

"You shouldn't have let her go inside.", Penelope looked over to Hotch who was not walking around the room any longer but who was standing in one of the corners.

"Hey Garcia stop. You know that there was no chance to stop her.", Morgan told her.

"I'm sorry you're right.", she mumbled and buried her face in Morgans shoulder.

"Does anyone want a coffee?", Rossi asked while standing up. "Or a tea?", he looked at Garcia.

After a few nods the oldest agent walked out of the waiting room but stopped right after he was out of the door, he turned around and looked at Hotch. "You wanna come with me?", he asked the unit chief.

Hotch replied with a light nod and followed the agent out of the room.

"Is he okay?", Garcia asked as soon as Hotch was gone out of sight.

"He'll be fine princess.", Derek sighed and grabbed the blondes hand to give it a squeeze.

While the two of them were sitting down the door to the waiting room swung open and a tall man in scrubs walked inside.

"Emily Prentiss.", he read from his chart.

The whole team got up from their seats immediately.

"I'm Dr. Steves. You all are here for Ms. Prentiss?", the doctor looked at them.

"Yes, we are here colleagues sir.", JJ explained polite.

"So you were with her when-", the brunette man started to connect the dots.

"Yeah, could you just tell us how she is please.", Morgan interrupted him impatiently.

"Of course, sorry. So Ms. Prentiss had some big internal bleeding, the fact that someone applied pressure to the shot wound from the start really helped us because otherwise she would've lost even more blood. For now we were able to stop the most of the bleeding but there is still a lot more damage that we need to get under control and then hopefully we'll be able to repair all of it a 100%.", Dr. Stevens explained to them.

"Wait what do you mean with 'repair all of it a 100%?", Garcia asked worried.

"The bullet caused a lot of damage not only to some of the main blood vessels that are located in the stomach area but it also to some of her organs, there's nothing on this chart but I overheard that they were talking about her liver being damaged.", the doctor answered her question.