xx16xx

That couldn't be true, the woman Rossi told him about all week, who is officially part of the team since this afternoon, that couldn't be her.

It could not be Emily Prentiss. The girl that made him go to the BAU 10 years ago.

The dinner was awkward for both, Hotch and Prentiss. But luckily the team didn't seem to notice. For them it had to seem like they were just shy around each other. But even if you are shy you still talk at least one or two words with each other except for a hello and a goodbye.

Emily was glad when she was back at home she still couldn't comprehend who her new boss is. She took her make up off, brushed her teeth and showered trying to distract her mind.
When she went to bed it took her almost 2 hours to fall asleep because she couldn't stop thinking about what happened today. She never thought that she would see Hotch again. 10 years ago he just left without giving her an explanation and now, when she just got her dream job he decides to walk back into her life and has the audacity to be her boss.

At the same time Hotch was sitting in his living room, having similar thought as Emily. When he left he didn't thought he would ever see her again and now she not only works for the FBI in the same unit as him but also she works in the same team as him. The Agent was overwhelmed by that 'surprise'. The two never said goodbye to each other and if he was at least a little bit honest with himself he never really got over her but he thought he would never see her again. That was the deal he made with her mother, so when he met Hayley she was perfect for him and he decided to go out with her. They dated for almost five years now, he wanted to ask her to marry him in a few weeks, he already had a ring and now the woman he loved the most before he met Hayley just walked back into his life.

"Are you coming to bed?", the woman Hotch just thought about interrupted his thoughts.

"Oh yeah I'll be there in a minute.", the man replied and gave her light smile before going to the bathroom. He splashed some water into his face and brushed his teeth before joining his fiance.

"What's wrong Aaron?", the blonde woman asked after Hotch laid down.

"Oh its nothing."

"Come on you've been really quite since you got home. I mean more quiet than usual."

"Don't worry darling. It's really nothing."

"You just had one week off so what happened Aaron?", Hayley pushed.

"Hayley I'm fine really. We just got a new team member I'm thinking about how she fits into the team.", Hotch finally gave in and deep down he felt bad for lying to her.

"Why didn't you say that when I asked the first time?", the woman laughed.

"Like I said nothing too important.", Hotch smiled.

"Okay, we should get some sleep now it's almost midnight.", Hayley yawned.

"You're right. My alarm is going off in 6 hours already. Sleep well.", he replied and gave his fiance a light kiss on the cheek.

The next morning Hotch woke up and got ready for work, while driving to the BAU he couldn't get the thoughts of Emily out of his head. But as soon as he entered the FBI building he only focused on his work. The Agent said 'good morning' when he walked into the unit and went straight into his office to catch up with some paperwork. The other agents of his team also finished up the paperwork for their last case. Around ten Garcia came into his office because of a new case. After she left the brunette man went and called into the bull pen "I want you all in the briefing room in ten minutes."
Afterwards he went to get another coffee while the other agents started to gather inside of the briefing room like he told them. He was the last one to arrive except for Garcia, she bursted through the door only a few seconds later which made the chatting stop. She had all the attention and started to tell them about the case.