xx22xx

"Hey.", Emily replied shy and got into a sitting position on her hospital bed.

"I'm so sorry.", Hotch couldn't hold this back.

"It's okay the doctors said i will probably be back at work in a week so nothing dramatic.", Prentiss told him while pulling the blanket a bit higher.

"No i mean everything that has happened in the past and i am sorry how i treated you the past few weeks. I should have told you all of this earlier, i should have told you right after i found out that you were the new team member. I didn't know how. I mean how could i ever make up for what i did, i left you with only a note, without giving you the chance to ask me why or anything else. I left you knowing that you were probably asking yourself why you weren't enough, without telling you that it was because of me, because i had a job offer for my dream job.", the words didn't stop coming out of Hotchs mouth.

"Woah wait a minute.", Emily interrupted him confused. "After treating me like i don't even exist for the last few weeks you come into my hospital room after i got kidnapped and tortured, and you tell me this?", she asked upset.

"I am so sorry Em, please let me explain everything, i need you to know what really happened.", Hotch begged while making a few steps towards her.

"Why? Why should i give you this opportunity?", Prentiss asked cold.

"Because i don't want you to think any longer that there was something wrong with you Em.", Hotch now cried. Emily signaled him to sit down on the chair next to the bed and tell her what he wanted to tell her.

"That morning, i sneaked out of your room like always but this time your mother was standing in front of the door. She knew immediately what was going on. I thought that was it, i thought she would call the police as soon as we got to her office, but she gave me the chance to explain the situation to her. I told everything, i told her it was my fault, that i never did something against your will but that i should have known better since i was the one in his twenties and not you. I told her that i loved you but that i realized that we couldn't continue like that because it was wrong. Your mother offered me a deal.", he told her.

"What deal?", the brunette asked curious while she was now on the verge of tears too.

"I could quit immediately, without talking to you again. I wasn't allowed to contact you ever again. I changed my phone number and wrote a letter back to the FBI that i would take the job and i began to pack my stuff immediately and searched for an apartment near Washington D.C. I felt so guilty but i had to think about my career and i also had to think of your reputation. I thought taking the deal your mother offered was the best idea. There wasn't a day i haven't thought about you, i felt so guilty all those years. It hasn't even taken me a week to realize that the deal was a mistake and i should have rather risked it that your mother called the police just so you and i could have had one last conversation.", Hotch explained to her. He looked at her and you could see in his eyes how hard he wanted Emily to reply something but she didn't say anything, she just starred at him while a few tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Em please say something.", he begged desperately.

"What do you want me to say?", she asked while trying to hold the tears back.

"Anything, i just need you to talk to me.", Hotch replied crying.

"I spent all those nights wondering why you left and what was wrong with me, what made you leave so suddenly, why i wasn't good enough, why i didn't even got a proper goodbye. Only because you weren't brave enough to not do what my mother told you to do?", Emily asked upset.

"I know, i am sorry Em. I should have known better. You didn't deserve this.", he said while leaning over to her bed and taking her face in his hands. "You were enough, you were more than enough.", he cried while wiping away a tear, that was running down her cheek, with his thumb, that made her cry even more.