"Let's do our best then" she said and I nodded like a child.

There was a minute of silence. She became busy with her phone for a while without raising her head for once to look at me. Now I am beginning to miss the way she always focuses on me. It feels like her phone is taking most of her attention right now and I don't like it. I wonder who she's texting with. It's probably her girlfriend.

Not long after, one of the organizers came to the lady and whispered something to her. She grabbed her bag and left the room without saying anything to me. Well, I hope everything is fine with her. I tried my best to concentrate on the event without thinking about her.

Freen didn't come back to the conference room again and I wonder if she already left. What about our task? I was hoping we could discuss about that today. After a while the event was over and it was time to go home. the people started leaving one after the other until the last person left.

I let out a sigh and got out of the room. I met one of the organizers and asked about her. He said she is still having a brief meeting with their boss so I got relieved a little. I decided to wait for her. I really want to talk to her before leaving not because of the task though. I just want to say goodbye to her.

I opened my phone to see a notification from Jane. I totally forgot about her. She didn't come with me to the event today because I convinced her not to. And I am so happy that she didn't. I wouldn't have been this free if she had come.

"Still not done yet?" The message from her says.

I was about to text back when the door opened and Freen came out. She's with Mr. Jet and Mr. Antonio's representative. I became confused over why she's having a private meeting with them but I immediately fixed my face when they turned to me.

"Miss Armstrong?" The representative called. I smiled and walked to them.

"You did so well today." Mr. Jet said with a smile on his face.

"Thanks a lot". I muttered and looked at Freen who has a beautiful smile on her face.

"I will be on my way now Miss Sarocha. Please don't forget to forward the document to me" he said to Freen and she nodded.

"Nice meeting you Miss Armstrong." He said bringing his hand for a handshake.

I took his hand and it was weird the way he held my hand. I smiled awkwardly and withdrew my hand. Freen didn't notice a thing though because she's keeping her normal facial expressions.

Mr. Jet left with the representative leaving only Freen and I. She smiled at me while gripping on her bag so tightly.

"You are still here? I thought you already left" she said looking at me in the eyes.

Now I am a little embarrassed. I can't believe I waited for over 30 minutes after the program just so I can see her. I wish I can freely tell her I was waiting for her but I definitely can't tell her that.

"I.. I forgot this... So .. I came back to pick it up" I stuttered showing her my document.

"Oh" her quick response.

Well, I lied. I had to lie because I feel embarrassed and her eyes right now are getting me nervous. I love the way she looks at me even though it makes me blush. The situation is so awkward right now since none of us is talking.

"Uhm.." finally she's about to say something.

I think she wants to say something but finding it difficult to say it. She opened her mouth but nothing came out. After several attempt, she finally voiced out..

"I uhm... I was wondering if you would like to go somewhere nice from here"

That came as a surprise to me. I wasn't expecting that at all. I smiled and nodded in agreement. I can't explain why I am so happy that she asked me to go out with her.

"Great. Let's go then" she said excitedly and we walked to the elevator.

We got into the elevator. Something in me told me the elevator is faulty probably because of the creepy sounds it was making but I ignored it all since she doesn't seem to care about it.

I can't help but to admire this beautiful woman with me. I love whatever it is I feel each time I am close to her. I love that I am getting closer to this woman I met in the hospital. She hasn't for once left my memory ever since that day. Why does she occupy my thoughts this much?

I was in my thoughts when the elevator light blinked twice and went off instantly. I panicked so much that I hugged her without thinking. I am shaking because I am scared. I hate darkness especially when it happens in the elevator.

My heart fluttered on the realization that I am holding her so tightly and my head resting on her chest. oh no, why did I do that? She seemed so shocked with my actions because she didn't move an inch and I can actually hear her heart beating so fast.

I gulped when I felt her hands wrapped around my waist. She's hugging me back and that made me feel more safe. Her hands are on my butts making me feel something burning inside of me. Her sweet smell covered my nostrils and I closed my eyes to feel more of whatever I am feeling right now. All my fears are gone leaving me with only peace.

"You are still a baby after all these while" she said in a husky voice.

Wait why did she say that? She sounded like we have met before. Or am I overthinking this? I opened my eyes to see that the light is back but the elevator isn't moving yet. I cleared my throat awkwardly and moved away from her. She smiled and pressed the key to alert the security that we are stuck here.

"Why did you say I am still a baby?" I asked in a low tone.

"Uhm.. you acted like one just now. That's why I said that"

"No not that. You sounded like you know me before now"

"I'm sorry if you misunderstood that. I only said that because of your action"

Silence.

"If that's the case, you should know I'm not a baby"

"Who gets scared of the dark that much if not a baby"

"Stop that" I muttered.

"Are you not a baby?" She said looking at me sweetly in the eyes.

I trembled so much that the file I was holding fell off my hand. I quickly bent down to pick it up. She equally did the same and my hand landed on hers. My heart skipped as I touched her long sexy fingers. I looked at her immediately to see that she's equally looking at me without smiling this time.

Beating...

Beating....

My heart is beating so fast as if it wants to jump out of my body. I haven't felt what I am feeling right now before. she's looking surprisingly at me and our faces are just some inches apart.

I panicked again and let go of her hand. I tried moving away from her but lost my balance and fell on the wall but she was fast enough to grab my head placing her hand in-between my head and the wall.

She's so close to me now and I can feel the warmth of her breath. She's looking at me in the eyes, down to my lips while gulping. I started feeling hot inside while gasping heavily.

She's so beautiful and her eyes are melting every bone in me. My legs are shaking and my whole body trembling. For the first time I feel butterflies in my stomach. I looked down at her sexy lips and gulped when the thought of kissing her came to my mind again. I am having this serious urge to bite her lips. What will she think of me if I do that? What will that make me? Considering I have a fiancee and I equally know she's in a relationship with someone. 

To be continued............

...........................................

Happy birthday @Amerilandy. We wish you all the best! 🎉