Chapter 13 - The gunshot wound

Comenzar desde el principio

"Great that really clears things up." She said sarcastically. "What exactly is holding you back, what so bad about having someone close to you?" she asked trying to make sense.

Vegeta didn't reply.

Bulma: just talk to me. You can not just say things like this without explaining.

Vegeta: Is better if you don't know woman, either way, you got nothing else to do with me.

"Why are you doing Vegeta? Really, I don't even know how I can care about someone like you but I do and so do you, 'cause if you didn't you wouldn't have come after me. It might sound crazy cause we barely know each other, and we are complete opposites, but I don't feel alienated from you. After being treated to death, you made me think of things from a different perspective. Your perspective." Bulma explained.

"This is pointless, just let it go." The young boss orders.

"I can't just walk away from this, not when I'm this deep in. Just tell me something real, you owe me that much. You know, I almost had a fucking hard attack having to take a bullet out of you." Bulma argued back in a despaired tone.

Vegeta saw the despair in her eyes and decided to reply after some time, "I do feel something but I don't know what that is and that's exactly why I need you to stay the fuck away from me."

"But is that what you really want me to do?" The young genius asked the obvious question.

Vegeta started to feel uneasy with this situation. "I have to be going." He said changing the subject while he was trying to get up.

Bulma pulls him back down saying, "Where you thinking you're going? You can't leave now, you need rest you can't be moving. Your stitches may come undone plus the anesthetic is still in effect, you are not fully awake. You are not leaving you're staying here."

Vegeta: You think I can't handle a gunshot? I said I'm fine. I need to go.

Bulma: And I said you are not fucking leaving, I'm not a doctor so the procedure was not perfect your wound needs monitoring so you are staying here and that's it!

Vegeta: You know what having me in your house means woman?

"Off curse I do. Did you see me hesitating when I brought you in here?" Bulma fiercely replied.

After a small pause of silence, Vegeta cracked a smile and said, "You just can't stay out of trouble, can't you?"

"I guess not." She smiled back at him, "I will go inform the others." Bulma said and went outside finding the two brothers talking. She informed them about Vegeta and welcomed Ratiz and Goku to stay if they wanted.

"Well if he said so. I'll go check on him." Ratiz replied and went inside.

"So, Ratiz is the brother you talked about. I mean I knew he was in the Saiyajin but I never expected him to be the right hand to the leader of the Saiyajin." Bulma amiably said to Goku.

"I didn't want you to find out this way you know. I didn't want you to find out about me and the syndicate at all, to be honest." Goku replied in a low voice, knowing he screwed up.

"Doesn't matter now. You know that you have a lot of explaining to do right?" Bulma said smiling.

Goku: Yes but now is not the time. I should head back to Chi-Chi, she will be missing me. I'm free tomorrow evening if you want to talk.

Bulma: Sure thing, but before you leave I think you should talk to Vegeta.

Goku: I told Ratiz to apologize in my place. I don't think Vegeta wants to see me right now. Anw's I will tell you all about it went we meet, I'll be going for now. Goodnight.