Chapter 9 - Surprise Surprise.

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Hey guys, this chapter is in Lauren's POV. Enjoy! :) ~ Rebecca.

********************

"Chapter 9 - Surprise Surprise."

Lauren's POV

I woke up and quickly opened my eyes, I was staring at a bright white light, so I quickly shut them again. I sat up, I didn't have a clue where I was. I slowly fluttered my eyes open and blinked a couple of times whilst adjusting to the light. I saw Mrs. Carter sitting at her desk, she only did her office work in the first aid room if their was someone there.

"Ugg." I groaned as I sat up, I still felt quite dizzy.

"Oh, your awake now Lauren." Mrs. Carter said as she turned around. "Mr. Gazini brought you here after you fainted." Mrs. Carter explained as she saw the lost look on my face.

"Who's Mr. Gazini?" I asked even more confused. I remembered Matt catching me, but I had no clue who this Mr. Gazini was.

"Oh yes of course, you haven't met him yet, he started working here today. He is a very nice teacher, from what I have seen so far. How are you feeling?" Mrs. Carter said, as she continued to bombard me with information when I was still dazed after waking up.

"Um. I guess I'm okay, I mean a feel fine." I said as I tried to stand up, but became dizzy after a few seconds.

I quickly sat back down.

"Lauren, maybe you should wait, I can call your parents to come and get you?" Mrs. Carter inquired.

"No!" I quickly said, I really wasn't looking forward to seeing my parents incase they found out I had disobeyed them last night. "I mean no it's fine, I think I'm still a bit tired, I'll be okay in a few minutes."

"If your sure. Period one starts in about 10 minutes you can stay here till then." Mrs. Carter said. I silently thanked God that I didn't have to go home, I would avoid my parents at all costs today. "That reminds me did you get your new timetable?" Mrs. Carter asked me as she turned around again.

"No, I didn't even know there was a new timetable. It's the middle of Spring term. Why's it changed?" I asked getting confused yet again.

"Well, some of the teachers have left and now we have Mr. Gazini and Mr. and Mrs. O'Carroll. Four of the teachers left suddenly, but we could only get three replacements so the time tables have changed. I'll just get yours from the office." Mrs. Carter quickly exited the room to get my timetable.

Why would four teachers all leave at once? This is really weird. And two teachers that are married working in the same school?

My thoughts were interrupted when Mrs. Carter returned to the first aid room with a sheet of paper.

"Lauren, today you have double Maths, double Science and then double English." Mrs. Carter said as she read from my new timetable.

Could my day get any worse? Double lessons of the subjects I have hated my entire life. My parents had chosen my A-Level subjects for me, I was allowed one choice so I chose Art. That was the only choice I had been allowed to make on my own, everything I did was chosen by my parents, my whole life and everything I did was chosen by them.

"Oh, um, thank you." I said trying to sound happy. "How long till period one?" I said as I didn't have a watch, and there was no clock in the room.

Just as I finished my question the bell rang.

"You'd better get going, and remember to say thank you to Mr. Gazini." Mrs. Carter said as she handed me my timetable.

Why? He only took me here, it was Matt who caught me.