Ch30: Rebel Alliance

I know it is perhaps irresponsible of me to do this but as I show up to our rendevous with Mon Mothma and her Resistance, I bring nothing but my capital ship. The minute we drop out of hyperspace, the local Venator guarding our colony on Yavin IV welcomes me before requesting that they be allowed to play the role of my escort.

I know that due to my position as the Empress and the nearly godlike view the people have of me everyone in the military views being able to escort me as the highest of honours they can ever achieve within their lifetime, second only to playing the role of my personal guards or serving on my capital ship. I know that granting their request will likely blow these men and women's egos out of proportion but...I grant their request.

The commander of the vessel thanks me on behalf of himself, his crew, and all the people of Yavin IV for the honour before having his ship fall into formation alongside my ship.

Soon after, the Resistance's fleet arrives out of hyperspace. I'm surprised at how many ships they still have at their disposal given how severely we'd beaten them last time and how the Empire has been pushing them out of the galaxy before focusing their efforts on me.

Rebel Fleet:

3 MC80 Star Cruiser
2 Acclamator-class Cruiser
10 Marauder-class Corvette
258 T-65 X-wing Starfighter (not including those on the starships)
55 RZ-1 A-wing Interceptor
88 A/SF-01 B-wing Starfighter
30 BTL Y-wing Starfighter

Officer: Your Majesty, we're being hailed.

Me: Put them through.

Mothma: [Thank you for agreeing to meet with us, Empress Nyx.]

Me: {I wasn't expecting to play host to so many guests.]

Mothma: [One cannot be too careful these days. Please forgive me if I've offended you.]

Me: [On the contrary, if it is ok with you I shall also deploy in full.]

Mothma: [I-]

Before she can reply, I have my airwing deploy between our forces, in the same wall formation they'd done the last time we met thus creating a barrier between us of nothing but fighters. In all, even without the Venator deploying to assist, there are a little over 1,200 TIE/D Defenders and another 850 TIE/sa bombers in my hangar and ready for deployment at any time. Alongside them are another 150 T-65 X-wing Starfighter and 15 Fury-class Interceptors. 

Truly, sometimes the sheer amount of firepower my ships can bring to bear against an enemy fleet scares even me at times and as Mon Mothma's horrified face is broadcasted via hologram, I can tell she feels similarly. I bet they've never truly seen the Galactic Empire use this ship to its full potential.

Me: [Now then, you wanted to negotiate?]

Mothma: [Right...negotiate.]

She pauses before going off on how she'd like for us to work together to take down the Galactic Empire. I, for my part, listen to her narrate her wishes before countering with the fact that we don't need their assistance in defeating the Empire. As such, her current offer gives us nothing meaningful.

Mothma: [But...]

She sighs, before lowering her head. Her voice is almost too low to hear but just about comes through clearly.

Mothma: [What if I were willing to join you?]

Me: [Hmmm?]

Mothma: [I have years of invaluable experience as a Senator and a statewoman. I'm certain I could prove a valuable addition to your Empire, repaying your aid to us tenfold. Would you accept us then?]