Ch3: Pirates

The minute we're aboard my capital ship, we pull away from the planet. I'd have jumped out right away but for now, we must keep the system we arrived in a secret from others. There's still the possibility of the others making it through to join up with us, after all, and since we have potential enemies onboard it's best to keep things a secret.

????: You're with the Empire?

I turn to find the supposed Sith I've captured gaping in awe at the interior of my ship. Her companions, likewise gawk at the scale of the hangar bay and the officers that go about their tasks in an orderly manner.

????: I don't recognise the uniform. What division are you with?

Me: Someone gag her. I'll deal with them later. 

Surprisingly, she doesn't attempt to fight back as the men carry out my orders before leading their group away towards the brig. 

Shae: Are you sure about this?

Me: I am.

Turning, I make my way to the bridge, Shae in tow. As we walk, men and women salute us as we pass and Shae takes the time to greet each and every last one of them. 

Me: You're too nice to them.

Shae: You could learn to be nicer.

Me: I'd like to think I'm plenty nice.

She doesn't respond, even as we arrive on the bridge.

Avril: We've broken orbit as ordered. Any destination in mind?

Me: Bring us towards the edge of the system. Have you gotten the full roster from the other ships?

Avril: In total, we have 12500 active staff across the ships that made it through the singularity. As for Marines, we have 22,000 split across our three Harrower-class Dreadnoughts in addition to the other 4,800 split between our Gage-class transport ships and the Terminus Destroyers within the fleet. 

Me: An army of 26,800 should be good enough to seize a small world and make it our home base but it can hardly be considered enough to seize considerable territory.

Shae: My clan should be able to help-

Me: Yes, but at most your numbers would bring us to around 27,000. Besides, I'd like to keep the Mandolorians as a more elite strike force than front-line troops.

Shae laughs at that before replying.

Shae: Couldn't your entire "Army" be considered elite?

Me: Hmm?

Shae: I mean, I've seen them fight and have fought alongside them for years. They're just as capable as any Mandalorian.

Avril: I agree. Their numbers may seem small but this force should easily be able to overwhelm larger forces with the right strategy being employed.

Me: I wouldn't be so certain. We don't know the enemy.

Shae: If the group we captured are anything to go by then even the kids from the Academy would have been able to crush any army they throw at us.

Me: Haha. Peace tends to do that to civilization.

Avril: Well, in addition to these forces, each of our Harrower-class vessels are housing its full complement of 128 fighters, 36 bombers and 22 boarding craft each. Apart from the three Dreadnoughts and their accompanying squadrons, we also have five Terminus-class Destroyers (each housing 12 fighters, 2 bombers and 4 shuttles), two Gage-class Transport ships (each housing 8 fighters, 4 bombers and 5 shuttles) and 5 Fury-class Interceptors separate from those used by personnel currently aboard the Dreadnoughts.