Ch11: Memories

Many Moons Ago...

Dark Fringes of the Universe...

Pain bristles through my body as the first vestiges of light begin encroaching on the ever-loving embrace of darkness, the same darkness which has always surrounded me from conception. It is all I know, all I've ever come to love and yet...the light sure is beautiful.

????: AAAAAAHHHH!!!!

The sound of a scream reaches my ear but is quickly followed by the unmistakable sound of thunder. Light flashes through the opening I now confirm is nought but a hole. I am trapped inside something and yet willing or not, I'm being forced out into the open.

Bones within my body creak, threatening to break as my entire being is squeezed through the opening and yet just as quickly as the pain came, it vanishes as my frail body lands into the tentacles of a beast. Crumpled and deformed, it looks even worse than I feel and yet...it feels familiar.

The being slowly shrinks, its towering presence replaced with the humanoid face of a woman. My own body accelerates its growth at the same time such that by the time I can make out her features, I'm already a small child.

????: No, don't look at me!

She turns away, trying to hide her face from me but my hand slowly reaches for her cheek.

I look straight into her eyes, even as her skin forms beneath my fingers, racing to cover her exposed jawline

I look straight into her eyes, even as her skin forms beneath my fingers, racing to cover her exposed jawline. I should be afraid, terrified, yet all I feel is compassion. Who is this woman and why do I trust her so?

She leans into my touch, slowly turning to face me as her face continues to transform into one more appealing.

As her dark eyes gaze into the depths of my soul, the words finally come to me.

Me: Mother!

<->

I jolt awake with such force that the very room, within which I apparently am, crushes inward as if being pummeled on all sides by the Force. Hadra comes rushing in and is quickly followed by Shae but once they see that I'm fine, they take turns thanking the force that I'm okay.