33) Meeting

Mulai dari awal

"I think no matter how much he loves you he should first break off all his arrangements with that woman with whom he is engaged. It's your guilt that is restricting you.. once it will be gone it will be gone for forever. Then you both can freely love each other in whatever way you want," in trying to change the topic Peach advised her.

Chandni nodded her head in affirmation,"Yes you are right."

Chandni smiled at Peach who smiled in return. "I think I should get back to work," saying that Chandni was about to get up from the chair when Peach's phone rang.

Peach was getting up to take her phone from the charging point but Chandni stopped her,"You sit I will get it for you," Chandni said and went to fetch Peach's phone which was ringing continuously.

"Shiv," Chandni read the name flashing on screen.

A smile curled on her lips thinking he was Peach's boyfriend."Looks like your boyfriend is missing you ma'am," she said, passing the phone to Peach.

Peach took the phone with a smile thinking it was Dev calling her but a frown appeared on her forehead seeing it was not him but Shivoham.

"It is not my boyfriend calling," she corrected Chandni, not wanting to create any wrong notion in her mind. "My boyfriend's name is Dev...Dev Malhotra. It's my friend Shiv who is calling me," Peach told Chandni before receiving the call.

Chandni bit her lip at her stupidity and whispered her sorry to Peach.

"Hi shiv," Chandni looked at Peach as chirped delightfully on the call. She chuckled at Peach's behavior. It looks like Peach is quite close to this friend of hers.

"Umm okay."

"Yes. We have that."

"Why not ! You are always welcome here. I am waiting for you."

Peach said in the call with a smile. After talking to him for a few more minutes she said her bye to him and cut the call till then Chandni was already back to her work.

"Chandni !!" Peach hollered.

"Yes ma'am," Chandni said, coming out from the 1900s literary corner of the library.

"My friend shiv is coming here in a few minutes. He needs a 1700s book "Heaven in the eyes" by Mr. Peroba," Peach said.

"This book is a precious piece of literature as its two original copies are only available in two places. One in France's museum and the second one here in our library. It is locked in the room where all the old literary pieces of the 1700s century were kept. Here's the key, go and take out the book," Peach gave her the keys to that room to Chandni.

Chandni nodded and without asking anything went to fetch the book.

Chandni opened the room and searched the book in the H section. She smiled when she found the book, it was a heavy one.

It has a deep green cover with "Heavens in the eyes," engraved in it. "To my dear Sophia," the subtitle said.

The name made Chandni curious and she opened the book just to peek inside a little, she was sure Peach would not mind it as she is a book lover herself.

As she opened the book Chandni noticed how crispy the pages were and yellowish as well. The book carried the essence of old classic English with a mixture of a little french.

"Love is love when it consumes thee completely."

The very first sentence in the book said. Chandni could not help but agree. A true love does consume you completely, it never leaves once it touches you.