- LVIII -

It was a week in that living hell of a hospital before Elina and Lilith could be even considered to be discharged to finally go home

It was a week in that living hell of a hospital before Elina and Lilith could be even considered to be discharged to finally go home. To be honest it wasn't such a bad place, the hospital meaning, but Mycroft could see that Elina's primal instincts were kicking in and she wanted nothing more but to go home and be safe.

Elina felt terrified to do simple things such as go to the toilet because it stung terribly to wee. She hoped by drinking lots of fluids that it would lessen the sting and her hypothesis was deemed correct. She even went as far as feeling absolutely mortified that Mycroft had helped her go toilet and shower and do all the other things which she was capable of doing herself. However, Elina tended to forget that even if she was capable, it didn't mean she was supposed to do it all on her own.

Of course after a baby, she was told that she would have a bleed which could last upto six weeks. She and Mycroft were also told by an assigned midwife the do's and dont's evolving around little Lilith and it did nothing more but ignite a fire which enraged Elina. The midwife which explained everything had the tone which stated as if she knew Elina would fuck it all up and by that point Mycroft had fired her seeing it as a fit thing to do and soothing his better half by saying that they could do this.

Hell, Elina was capable of raising her daughter alone because at the beginning of it all, she was willing to do so.

Elina also didn't like the fact of how a lot of things were happening inside her body in so little time. She sat on the edge of her bed looking to the mirror across from her in shame. She looked like a mess physically and it angered her.

Mycroft walked through to the room, seeing Elina's distraught and did nothing more but place the spare bedsheet over the mirror. "Don't torment yourself, it isn't worth it." He spoke across to her as he kneeled to hold one of her hands whilst cupping her cheek affectionately. "I'm so fat." She spoke in a tone which was tired. She had been silently berating herself for the last week since Lily was born and it was frustrating to watch from his point of view. "Me too." He sighed out heavily causing her head to shoot up as he dropped his hand. "You must be having a laugh now?" She shot back.

Scrutinising a brow, Mycroft stood to move and sit besides her on the bed. "I was a chubby child and when I left home and had free reign, I took it to advantage. I'm not saying it's the same but you aren't like this by choice. You've just had a baby, raven. You need to let that sink in." He advised the last sentence in a lilt. "Perhaps." She smiled tiredly across to him.

Smiling to her, he lightly pecked her lips before moving to pick his bundle of joy up and carefully placing her in the car seat which happened to be the best of the best. It was apparent that Lilith wasn't happy in this moment in time. Who would be after being prodded and poked at? Her umbilical cord had dropped off which was a relief and even if she was a chubby baby, she was perfect in health.