- XLVII -

The constant flashback of seeing Mary slowly dying was something for the present which haunted Elina

The constant flashback of seeing Mary slowly dying was something for the present which haunted Elina. She had ignored the phone calls and messages from anyone who bothered to have anything to do with her and decided to hide out in her sister's hospital room which she had spent time and money to decorate to be the bedroom from home Molly once had.

Molly Hooper was surrounded by everything she loved which also included her ginger tabby cat, Toby. She was also surrounded by photo books, her cello and music.

If this world is wearing thin
and you're thinking of escape,
I'll go anywhere with you.
Just wrap me up in chains.
But if you try to go alone,
don't think I'll understand.

Stay by the Shakespeare sisters was a song which resonated the youth in both Hooper sisters. Perhaps it was about an unrequited love but the later lyrics burned Elina because she wanted nothing more but for Molly to stay with her for the rest of her own life.

Danger nights were something that brought back fond empty memories of Elina's days as a nurse assigned to care over Rudy. She'd never imagine back then that she'd be warned of such a thing concerning her sister.

The song was playing in what seemed to be distant sound as Molly tiredly opened her hands and offered her left hand forward to Elina. "Sing to me." Molly requested in a ghostly voice. Elina didn't want to because she would know what this would mean but her body was evidently against her mind. She walked towards her sister as the song paused through voice recognition and Elina was extremely careful as she helped a fragile Molly sit up so she could slide under the cover and hold her little sister close.

She unpaused the music and began singing in a tinkling tune whilst patting Molly's side affectionately. "In the silence of your room. In the darkness of your dreams. You must only think of me. There can be no in between. When your pride is on the floor. I'll make you beg for more. Stay with me." She sang whilst staring to the clear nights sky through the open window and beginning to hold her little sister's body against her own chest. "Stay with me." She sang again with a hint of tear.

"You'd better hope and pray that you make it safe back to your own world. You'd better hope and pray that you'll wake one day in your own world. 'Cause when you sleep at night, they don't hear your cries in your own world. Only time will tell if you can break the spell back in your own world." She sang in a deep feminine tune which also became broken.

She held on tightly to Molly as she drug out the long tones in the next and final verse and as she sung she had a mind which was reeling, convulsing like a heartbeat full childhood memories. Like the time Molly tripped at the age five and she cried out for bumping her head and scraping her knee. It was great grandad Von-Trapp who believed back then that by placing a butter knife on the bump on her head it would reduce swelling and indeed it did. There was also a happy memory Elina saw it as when Molly dumped her first boyfriend and Elina was initially the getaway driver. Oh what fun they had.