So that's why he attacked Nicholas earlier.

"What are you trying to imply, Xavier?" I inquired, my voice a mix of curiosity and suspicion.

" Oh, nothing, Red," he replied, a slight smirk playing at the corners of his lips. "Just wanted to confirm if I was seeing things correctly or if it was all a product of my bloody mind." His words sent a jolt of confusion through me. What did he mean? What had he seen or suspected?

Before I could press him for more information, Xavier swiftly pulled out his phone from his pocket, his fingers tapping on the screen with a sense of urgency. Then, with a deliberate motion, he handed me the device, his eyes fixed upon my reaction.

"Take a look and prove me wrong, Red," he urged, his voice tinged with a mix of anticipation and frustration. My hand trembled slightly as I accepted the phone, feeling a knot tighten in the pit of my stomach. With trembling fingers, I pressed play on the video that unfolded before me.

The screen came alive with the image of Nicholas, his face etched with determination, carrying me in his arms. It was the scene from the mall, captured by an unknown observer and subsequently posted online. My heart stopped for a second as I watched the footage, the wounds on Nicholas's body visible through his torn clothing, a testament to the danger we had faced against Gwen. But my face was hidden, buried in the crook of his neck, concealing my identity from prying eyes.

"So, I was right. It was you he was carrying," Xavier's voice seethed with anger as he snatched the phone back from me, his fingers gripping it tightly."Do you have any idea how much trouble this could bring, especially for you, Red?" My mouth remained agape, unable to form a coherent response. Thoughts raced through my mind, considering the potential consequences if the Elders or anyone here were to discover this.

"Calm down," Xavier interjected, his anger still palpable but now laced with a sense of controlled determination. "No one in this realm is interested in the human world only when needed, at least not for now. Plus, I know someone who can delete it within a few hours. However, I still have the original copy," he explained, his voice carrying a mix of caution and reassurance.

"So, what now?" I asked, my confusion evident. Why was Xavier going to such lengths and keeping it all a secret?

"I've seen the scars on Mr. Caddel through the video, and I know he'll recover today. But my question is, what really happened, Red? You know what, can I be real with you?" he implored, his golden eyes locked onto mine, searching for answers. I hesitated for a moment, the weight of his words settling upon me. Finally, I nodded, granting him permission to share his thoughts.

"Ever since you arrived here, things have been spiraling out of control. I can sense it in my gut. My mom has been acting suspicious, and even the guardians are more vigilant than usual. I know you're somehow involved, but I can't just piece it all together," he confessed, releasing a heavy sigh as if he had been longing for someone to confide in. He settled himself onto a nearby desk, running his fingers through his frosted hair in a gesture of frustration and weariness.

"Xavier, I understand that you sense something is amiss, but it doesn't involve you. You have to trust me on this," I explained, my voice a soothing balm amidst the chaos. I couldn't disclose the truth-that a dark lord sought to rise from the dead, and my blood was the key. Xavier couldn't know.

"I want to believe you. Truly, I do. But it does involve you, and weirdly I want to be a part of it," he asserted, his gaze unwavering as it locked onto mine. I stood there, speechless and confused, unsure of how to respond to his words.

"So, if you don't want this to reach the elders, meet me after school today in the library, at our spot," he declared, his tone leaving no room for negotiation. With that, he turned towards the door, his hand reaching out to open it.