Chapter 9: Caster (Part 2)

It is now morning in the Arc Family Estate, the sun shines brightly through the windows of Jaune's room as he opens his eyes. He slowly gets up and stretches his arms out as a new day will begin, hopefully it won't stress him out and give him a migraine. He was about to stand up from his bed when he heard a sound behind him. 

???: Hmmmmm....

Jaune freezes in place when he heard the sound, and the sound is that of a woman. He has no idea who this person is and dreaded to think on who it could be. Jaune slowly turns around to see who in remnant decided to sleep in his bed with him and to his surprise it was someone he didn't expect.

It was Jeanne d'Arc, who isn't wearing her armor, but the black robes she usually wears.

Her eyes slowly open as Jeanne slowly gets up from the bed. She turns to her right to see Jaune staring at her, frozen in place and mouth open. He really couldn't hide his shock.

Jeanne: Oh, you're awake. Good morning, Master. I take it you slept well?

Jaune: Jeanne, what are you doing here and in my bed of all places?

Jeanne: Because as your Servant, my job is to protect you and this is the closest I can be in making sure you are safe.

Jaune: I understand the gesture, Jeanne. But you know I can protect myself, right? Plus, if you wanted to stay close to my location, the outside of my room should suffice.

Jeanne: Even so, I believe it is natural for a Servant to protect their Master. I know you are capable of defending yourself and go up against a Servant for a certain period of time. But there is little I can do if you're injured.

Jaune: Don't worry, I made sure to use my Semblance to prevent such injuries from happening. But why do you insist on protecting me the most, Jeanne?

Jeanne: Master.....No, Jaune Arc.

Jaune watches as Jeanne holds his hand, almost like what a lover would do to the person they cherish.

Jeanne: When I was summoned here, I see that the Lord has given you many miracles as well as challenges in your life. You have conquered and endured them and I wish to be a part of it. That is why, I want to offer my undying love to you. Even if I may disappear in the end of this journey, I wish for when your time has come, Jaune. We shall walk the path of heaven together and I will stay by your side till the ends of time.

Jaune: ..................

Before anything else could be said, the doors of Jaune's room were opened and they look to see Saber, all up and ready for the day.

Saber: Jaune! Your Mother called, breakfast is.......rea....dy.......

They saw Jaune and Jeanne holding hands as Jaune quickly let's go and fixes himself. Because what he is seeing right now, is Saber giving off a very smug look

 Because what he is seeing right now, is Saber giving off a very smug look