𝐓𝐞𝐞 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬

It Doesn't Have To Be Goodbye•

"Tee, I don't like her."
"She's too quiet."
I frowned as I over-heard Tee's siblings talking about me.
"You can do better," I let a tear slip from my eye, how could he let them talk about me like that?

"Hey baby," Tee smiled, he wrapped his arm around my waist.
I smiled teary eyed and pushed his hand away.
"What's the matter?"
"You deserve better," I sucked my lip between my teeth and let more tears fall.
"Y/n, what're you talking abo—" Tee stared at me, like a deer caught in headlights.
"You heard..." he trailed off, his eyes were looking every where except me.
"I don't— I'm sorry."
I shook my head, sorry wasn't gonna excuse that.
"So what? Is that it?" Tee frowned trying to step closer.
I nodded my head, I walked towards my car without allowing him another word.

When I got in my car I let it all out, tears were falling, and I couldn't stop them.
I just broke it off with the man I loved, it doesn't feel real.

|Present day|

"Damn girl, you look good!" F/n smiled as she watched me walk up to her and our group of friends.
"Thank you," I smiled.
Tonight was one of our closest friends birthday, so we were going out to celebrate him.
"HOT DAMN!" M/f/n shouted as he took my hand.
I laughed at their reactions, I was just wearing a simple red dress, it stopped mid thigh so it was fairly short.
I wore a pair of black LV red bottomed heels as well.

"Hottie." O/f/n smiled as she twirled me.
"Thank you, guys," I smiled.
I haven't gone out much in the past year, when Tee and I broke up, it hit me really hard.
I fell into a deep depression, for months I laid in bed, I let myself fall apart, it wasn't until two months ago that I actually started to get better.
So tonight I'm going out with my friends, to celebrate my best friends birthday, and to celebrate me, because I'm healing.

"You look really pretty," F/n smiled as the others walked ahead of us.
"Thank you."
"I mean it, you look..." she paused, her eyes scanning over me.
"You look happy."
"I am."

I forgot how fun it was to be with my friends.
To be dancing.
To just be.
I've missed so much being caught up in a break up, I lost myself, and I deserve this happiness I've found.
Although, I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish he was here with me, tonight.

Tee's POV:

I'd been sipping on my drink when I saw her, she looked mystical.
She was smiling and dancing, she was having fun, and she looked so beautiful.

I knew better than to go over there, I know I shouldn't, she's happier without me, besides what boyfriend lets their family talk shit about the girl he loves?

She's better off without me.

"Yo! Tee, that's your ex, right?" Ja'Mart drunkenly pointed towards Y/n.
I sighed, and nodded my head.
"Damn," Ja'Marr smirked, I hate that smirk.
"No."
"Go talk to her!"
"No."
"Tamaurice."
"Fuck you."
Ja'Marr laughed and pushed me out towards her.

Y/n's POV:

I was so caught up in dancing and singing with m/f/n that I hadn't even noticed anyone walking up to me.

"Y/n!" It wasn't until I heard him call my name that I realized someone was there.
I took in a sharp inhale, slowly turning around, there's no way he's here the same night I am...

"Hi," I spoke breathlessly, my throat felt tight.
"Y/n, you look so beautiful," Tee's eyes scanned my body.
"Thank you," I made eye contact with him, I knew it was a mistake, because everything in me wanted to jump into his arms and give him the biggest hug.

"Are you here with someone?" He asked.
"No, you?"
"Nope."
I nodded my head, we stood there staring at one another, no words being said, not a move being made.
The club moved around us, dancing and singing, drinking and drunken slurs, but the two of us were stuck in what we were, and what we could still be.

"Let me drive you home," Tee pulled his keys from his pocket.
"No I'm okay!" No, I'm not okay. I want him to take me home.
"Please," he held his hand out to me, I watched his hand for a few seconds before deciding to take it.
I watched a small smile form on his lips, his hand squeezed tightly around mine as he led me out of the club.

"You uh— do you still live in the same apartment?" Tee asked awkwardly.
"No," I moved three months ago, it was part of me starting over.
Tee frowned, then nodded.
"I had to move on Tee," I sighed as I held his eye.
Tee looked away, his hand still in mine, he walked us to his car, opened my door for me, and proceeded to the drivers side.
The drive to my apartment was silent.

"So, this is goodbye?" He stood behind me as I unlocked my apartment door.
"It doesn't have to be," I whispered, my back still facing him.
"Y/n," Tee spun me around to face him just as I'd unlocked the door.
"We don't have to say goodbye, not yet," I placed a hand on his cheek.
"I'm not ready to say goodbye," he whispered.

So neither of us said goodbye, we fell into bed.
We entangled ourselves in my bed sheets, we shared laughs, giggles, smiles, whispers, we shared unspoken I love you's.

_________________________________________
-Authors Note-

Hi loves!
Tee request
And odd ending, but when have I ever been good at endings?😭

Everyone tell me what your fave 1989 TV vault track is!🩵

Much love!🩷