𝐃𝐚𝐰𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐱

Mine•

"Dawson please, please just, I don't even know! I'm so tired!" I cried once more.

Dawson and I have been arguing back and forth all week, it was so unhealthy, and we both knew that, but there's been so much stress on us the last few days, and we'd finally blown up at each other.

"You can't keep running away when things get hard Y/n!"
I stopped in my tracks, it felt like the wind had just been knocked out of me, he was right, and I hated to admit that he was right.

"And you know it too."
Every time things got hard between me and Dawson I'd disappear, I'd give him the silent treatment, I didn't want to face my problems because I was so afraid he'd leave me.
But running away from my problems is only pushing him away.

"Please come back inside, let's talk, let's get some sleep, we both need it! You're exhausted, please Y/n."
Every part of me wanted run the other way, to go to my parents house, a friends house, anywhere that wasn't here.

I surprised myself and Dawson when I began to walk towards him, he was right, I am exhausted, and I'm tired, and I just want to stop arguing.

"Come here." Dawson spoke softly, his voice was hoarse from all the yelling we'd done in the past week.
I didn't saying anything, I fell right into his arms, I knew he'd catch me, he always would.

"I love you, so damn much Y/n, and I'm sorry.
I'm sorry that I've been putting work before you, I'm sorry that I've been putting all of my stress and anger on you, I'm sorry that I've taken everything out on you, I've not given you the love you deserve, and I'm so sorry." Dawson laid his forehead against mine as we sat across from one another in our shared bed.

"I know." I whispered, tears were falling, I don't even know what's happened in all honesty, I just know I'm an emotional mess.
"I'm so sorry." He pressed his lips to my forehead.
"I forgive you." I knew it wasn't the best idea to forgive so easily, but if I didn't forgive him, this argument would've lasted even longer.
Forgiving is the first step.

"And I'm sorry, for running away from all of our problems." I meant my apology, even if it was small.
"I'm just... so afraid you'll leave me." I let out a big sigh as the truth left my lips.
"You are the best thing, that's ever been mine."
"I could never leave you, no matter what."
Those were the words I'd needed to hear, that confirmation and reassurance.

"I love you Dawson." I whispered, I felt my eyes start to close, I was so tired.
"And I love you Y/n." Dawson whispered pressing a kiss to my forehead.

__________________________________________
-Authors Note-

Hi loves!

A Dawson Knox imagine

To be honest, when I don't think about what I'm writing, my brain just musters something up, that's how this imagine happened, I don't know if it's actually good or not.🤷‍♀️😭

Anyway, much love🩷