Preparing

Yrsa stood two steps down from Hela as the dark goddess surveyed the armies of Asgard and she could see the defiance in the eyes of the warriors three at the front of the ranks.

"It's come to my attention, you don't know who I am," Hela announced to the plaza. "I am Hela, Odin's firstborn, the commander of the legions of Asgard, the rightful heir to the throne and the Goddess of Death."

Murmurs began to spread, the whispering sounds growing through the open air and Hogun made to step forward. He stopped, reluctantly, when Yrsa held up a palm, hidden from Hela.

"My father is dead. As are the princes, you're welcome." The murmurs, which had faded when the goddess continued now took up again with more fervor but Hela only amplified her voice. "We were once the seat of absolute power in the cosmos. Our supremacy was unchallenged. Yet Odin stopped at Nine Realms. Our destiny is to rule over all others. And I am here to restore that power. KNEEL BEFORE ME AND RISE INTO THE RANKS OF MY GREAT CONQUEST!"

Volstagg bristled at the claims of the false goddess and opened his mouth to vow his allegiance to Asgards rightful queen but Hogun grabbed his wrist and nodded. They saw the gold slip from Yrsa's eyes as she held back a knowing smile before turning to Hela and dropping to her knee.

"Asgard will delight in fighting at your command, Queen Hela."

Hela beamed as ranks dropped in reverence before her.

-

Heimdall, having just slipped from the princess's mind, smiled as he slid his sword from the gate and slipped back out of Himinbjorg to climb down the cliff and return to hiding. He had to move quickly as he and Grace would be expecting guests soon.