Bittersweet

Thor arrived at the address on the card that had been dropped after Loki disappeared and knocked, finding himself pulled through the still closed door the second time his hand came down on it and into a darkened room. His name was called as he glanced around and he turned to see a figure floating in front of an ornate circular window.

He held the disguised Mjolnir out defensively when the figure came toward him.

"God of Thunder." A man in blue robes and a red cape said as he looked Thor over. "You can put down the umbrella."

There was a small whoosh of air and a rack stood next to Thor. Hesitantly, he lowered Mjolnir down, knowing he could call it to him if necessary, but when he let go the room around him fell away and was replaced with another, the rack now gone, replaced by a small table.

"So," Thor reached out and picked up a strange rod from a display on the table wishing he had gone to find Elora before coming here. "Earth has wizards now?"

The wizard sighed when Thor tried to put the rod back and knocked the others from the display.

"The preferred term is Master of the Mystic Arts. You can leave that now."

Thor stopped fiddling with the stray rods and faced the man. "Alright, wizard, who are you and why should I care?"

"My name is Doctor Stephen Strange and I have some questions for you. Take a seat." He pushed off the wall he'd been leaning on and the room fell away again. This time Thor found himself sitting in a leather armchair across from Stephen. "Tea," Stephen asked as Thor looked around the new room and then down at his hand, now holding a warm brass cup.

"I don't drink tea," Thor replied as he curiously studied the cup in his hand.

"What do you drink?"

"Not tea," Thor looked up at Stephen and felt his hand shift. He looked down again and found he now held a large glass of ale which he slowly brought to his lips as the wizard spoke again.

"So I keep a watch list of individuals and beings from other realms that may be a threat to this world. Your adopted brother, Loki, is one of those beings."

"He's a worthy inclusion," Thor wiped at his mouth after finishing the ale and his eyes went wide as the glass refilled itself.

"Then why bring him here?" Stephen leaned forward.

"We are looking for my father," Thor lowered the now full glass down and looked back at the man across from him.

"So, if I were to tell you where Odin was all parties concerned would promptly return to Asgard."

"Promptly," Thor didn't feel the need to add he'd be stopping for Elora prior to leaving the city as it wouldn't really add to their time on Midgard.

"Great!" Stephen sat back with a smile. "Then I'll help you."

Thor's eyes narrowed again, this time in suspicion. "If you knew where he was, why didn't you call me?"

"Because Odin was adamant we not disturb him until told otherwise," Thor's eyes widened in shock and he shot up from his chair to cross the room and pull Elora, who'd come around a corner, into a bone crushing hug.

"Ellie," he set her back down, still smiling. "What in the world are you doing here and what do you mean father didn't want to be disturbed, where is he?"

Elora looked past Thor to Stephen and Thor could tell she was searching for the right words. "...it's a lot to explain right now but Odin is in Norway and Stephen has agreed to help get us there quickly."