CHAPTER 27 || The original family

Let me introduce you to the original family. The family around the two legends of the 90s. Ready? Let's go!

It all started with two rookies striving for success. They were going to succeed. They would become the most famous drivers of the 90s and would have to put their friendship to the test several times.

But as the most inexperienced, it is difficult to prevail against Ayrton Senna, Nigel Mansell, Alain Prost or Nelson Piquet. Nevertheless, together they manage to defeat quite a few others. In their first season in the top class of motorsport, they finish 14th and 16th. Out of 36 drivers and 5 other test drivers.

Two years pass. But then the shock. Ayrton Senna dies on the track. But not only the Brazilian legend has to leave his life on the track, Roland Ratzenberger is also mourned.

Together they get through this time, see each other more and more often, do more together and build each other up. Soon the older one sees his first championship coming. The other supports him and ignores the warnings of the others.

After 2 consecutive championships, it's over for the time being. 3 years later, the older one also makes it. Without support. The two had fallen out. Success was more important to both of them.

But with a championship victory in the bag, they realise that the other is much more important. They spend the entire winter break in Switzerland snowboarding and skiing.

It comes as it must. The two become a couple. Strengthened by their partner, the older one manages to win a second championship. In the spring, however, they have their first addition. The son of the younger one is raised by the world champions.

But not only him. A replacement driver for Sauber also finds his way to the two. The little family is perfect. The son of the Sauber driver finds a brother in his own son. The child of a colleague keeps seeking shelter with them and the older one adopts him without further ado.

From then on, the weekends without racing become chaotic. The family, now consisting of 6 people, does everything. Zoos, snow, beach, kart tracks, papers, homework, playgrounds, little fights between the youngest now and then, holidays, visits to Grand Prix's, really everything.

The family continues to grow with the addition of the younger parent. His protégé joins the family and after a short time is seen only with the eldest son. The two exchange meaningful glances again and again over the weeks. It was only a matter of time before they became a couple.

Through a friend, the family grows another time. The friend's son is together with a boy who has also slipped into the family. With only a one-year age difference to the eldest son, he has found a kind of twin brother.

But the eldest has got another brother of the same age. The trio does everything together.

Even though the newest brother of the triplets, as they are affectionately called by their fathers, is racing in Formula 1 a year earlier, the other two are proudly making their debut together.

The family, now consisting of 8 people, celebrates the successes of the younger father. The two older siblings are also soon represented in Formula 1. Victory after victory is achieved with the fast cars. Mostly in red. The family dominates the sport for a long time.

Then the middle one also makes it into the top class. He soon breaks several records, wins championships like his brothers and fathers, and the 3 younger ones also emulate their family members in lower classes and win more and more.

On 29 December 2013, however, everything changes. And now, at the latest, it is clear which family we are talking about. Because Michael falls while skiing with the whole family.

And to clear everything up. Mika and Mick were both in the house, while Kevin, Kimi, Seb, Nando, Jenson and Nico are on the track. Only later does the rest of the family find out about the tragic accident.

For several years, nothing changes in the state of health. But then there is hope. And that gives Nico the strength to win his championship title and complete his mission. Then the domination of the family in Formula 1 will be over for the time being.

The family is getting bigger and bigger. Lewis, Stoffel, Pascal, Charles, Pierre, Romain and Alex join them. With such a large family, there are always arguments, of course, but they are managed well. Pascal's DTM title, Max's world championship title, Lewis' successes with Mercedes, everything is celebrated.

Kimi, Seb, Nando, Kevin and Max drive in Formula 1, but the youngest Häkkinen is stuck at Haas and Kimi's son also has little success with Red Bull.

Not until 2021 will this change and the Häkkinen-Schumacher domination will return to the track. It was never gone, it retreated to attack with full force from the shadows.

And since the 2023 season at the latest, it's clear that when Max sits back, he will leave the seat to Nando's son Oscar, who wears the family name with pride.

~~~~~~~~~~

Next one :)

BUT OMG ALEX YOU LEGEND! IN A WILLIAMS!! HOW?? I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!

I don't know how that came up but my family calls Oscar "Gladiaattori" which means "Gladiator". I think the name is justified.

Anyway, another background storie. But I feel like I put everything in it. When did you know that we're talking about the Häkkinen-Schumacher family?